Phill

What is your orientation?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What is your orientation?

• Straight
    • Gay
    • Bisexual
    • Unsure

I'm Straight, I'm Single, Ive never had a serious girlfriendOne or two people in my class think think I'm gay coz I havent lost my virginity. I dont care what people think, because I'd lose my viriginity to someone that I'd have a relationship with, not a small fling or some cheap, drunk girl like some of my other mates are accustomed to.Gd thing about being virgin, you are more disireable, sought-after and "more pure" and "God is waiting for you to become a dirty, bad boy Will". :lol:As for your parents, being weird about u being gay > tell them.. what sexuality you are, shouldn't matter because if they loved you, that wouldnt be a problem.As for ur mum, you can now go to shops and say if this dress looks good or does one look fat in thet top because when girls ask guys if they look good in a top, we all say yeh just for the sake of it. But now you are allowed to express yourself more.As for your dad, that might be a lil bit harder because most fathers are macho and very proud, so this might come as a big shock to him. But the good thing about smoothing your mum out first, is that the wife controls the husband and she has the last say. She can manipulate ur father to do anything, thats what most women do. My mum does it all the time with my dad and so do my friends.The last thing any husband would want is their wife going on and on non-stop believe you me, my dad just nods his head and say yes to w/e she says.

• 2 weeks later...

As for ur mum, you can now go to shops and say if this dress looks good or does one look fat in thet top because when girls ask guys if they look good in a top, we all say yeh just for the sake of it. But now you are allowed to express yourself more.

I dont think it quite works like that, I'm pretty cetrain your 'allowed' regardless.I wouldnt advise, nor have I, or will I for a long time, tell my parents. I like things as they are, beside I have a very surface relationship with my mum and distant one to my dad. and I need to go to college. woops.

Will I think what you said was actually a little closed- minded and naive.Parents actually may find it difficult to come to terms with a child's homosexuality. It's not really prejudice against you personally, in most cases.... I blame society and the gender roles and stereotypes that are forced upon us. It's human nature to stereotype, as we tend to like to label people as it helps us define what kind of person someone is and can therefore determine how comfortable we are with them.We all do it whether we realize it or not. It's really interesting.But yeah, I'm not saying that it should matter to a parent what sexuality you are, but I think it is something that many people have difficulty with coming to terms with. Most of the time something clicks and they get over it. It's called time!

• 3 months later...

Aww this topic has gotten really sweet! Hehe.My advice to you Tom would be to just go with what you feel is a right thing for you to do. I came out at the age of 16, life was hell for a while, but now it's gotten loads better. Although on the other hand, I know people who've come out and their parents have been totally fine with it.I think it depends on your relationship with whoever you're telling.

Back to my life, some idiot in my school told one of my sisters best friends I was gay because they were going on about how I fancied some girl. and now I fear that my sister and some of my close friends who are a bit homophobic will find out: Then BANG! the parents know, everyone does and all because of one tiny person... I'm actually so angry and upset... but I still seem to show no emotion on the outside (Unusual for me ;) ) :P:P:P .I'm going to actualy punch Richard Lewis in the face until his eyes fall out...

Your gay, people will find out about it eventually.. when they find out, they find out. Although if your an only child, try and make your parents find out soon though, otherwise they'll be un-able to have more kids and will never have any grand-children... that'd piss them off a bit

And Jack,My friends Mum is lesbian, I have no idea how that works, seriously. He seems fine with it, he knows his mum loves him. So as long as the child is loved, of-course it's right.

my auntie is a lesbian... what a wierd family have I got? ;)she only just came out... but my dad (his sister) and mum seem fine with it...

it isn't as if your going out murdering people is it?

there are some very narrow minded people out there - where apparently us gays are 'promiscuous' and 'spread aids' and 'molest little children'. I told that f**king bigot where to stick his twisted opinion with a few home truths. ****.On to the adopting children thing - I'm not against it, but personally I would never do it. And as for the parents finding out - I too am holding out for the illusion to never end. shucks.

My Dad thinks I'm a lesbian.

I think Jonny's gay... its kinda hard to tell... but if you are, just come out =PAnd I'm not trying to push you in any direction, your fine where you are.... don't move.But on a serious note: thankyou for all the help... if they find out then meh. I'll try and live with the consequences and I'll later adopt a chilld and call it Holly ;-) (Y)EDIT: The above has been edited by Jonny, and he's fine with it ;-P

It's good I found this topic, I've just been on the receiving end of finding out about someone's sexuality and from the word go you could see how uncomfortable he was letting it all out. just a little back story about it before people get confused...In short me and this guy called Sean went to School with each other and we were like the best of mates - however due to some protection thing he had to leave to Scotland for his safety and none of us were to know where he was. However 2 weeks ago as everything is now safe he has now come back to London and he managed to find me. Anyway on the first meet for 3/4 years I was invited to his home and then he got rather fidgety and then said how worried me and his mum (who he also ain't seen) would react to this. A big sigh later said he was gay. A lot of respect to this guy cause I understand how difficult it is for someone to let it out and especially in front of two people, a good pat on the back I say. I remember the first thing the mum said and it was quite automatic was "Oh no, what about my grandchildren" but she accepted it quite quickly. I wasn't too shocked (remembering what he was like sometimes) and being a friend be supportive, and it didn't really bother me - in fact it explained a lot. Sadly it was a different case back in Scotland as his dad was really against it and from remembering his dad wasn't surprised with his reaction. To cut a long story short he made Sean's life very difficult up there and hence why Sean came back to London as living conditions were becoming unbearable.I also later found out he had a crush on me at school (that I was ultra shocked about - didn't see that one coming), but in a way it tells me a lot about the type of person he is because he's one of these gay guys who doesn't intrude his sexuality on you, and respects your sexuality and therefore you can still be good mates and laugh about the whole situation. End of the day he is the type of gay guy I like. Really the only things that really annoys me and makes me feel really uncomfortable (and I've had to work with this) about certain gay people are the one's who think they can turn you and when your out and about dominate there presence on top of you and the only thing on their mind is the sexual type of things. That I don't appreciate.I'm comfortable around all types of people, and I can be quite a huggy type of person (in fact like hugs), I just don't think it's right when you do hug, some people take this as there window/ opportunity to make there move. At least I know with Sean and the majority of people respect other people for who they are.Just thought I'd share to all about the real life story of these experiences (for either Sean or myself) as I would imagine it could relate to a lot of people.

• 2 weeks later...

I really sympathise with people that feel they can't tell their parents about their sexuality.In society today I guess once you have left the womb you are pretty much expected to live a heterosexual life , parents have expectations of their children.Like when I go round my male friend's house and his mum will ask if I am his girlfriend.I'm straight , I have never had any thoughts otherwise and for that I am thankfully.I have many gay friends and they are all completely different and don't fall into stereotypical gay categories .I have had to deal with some people I know being homophobic against some of my best friends , it really frustrates me that they can act in such vulgar ways towards people.Though I wish a certain person would come out to their mum so I didn't have to lie to them :)

So many times I've had to stick up for people when homophobes are being well homophobes. I personally have given up defending myself, if someone calls me lesbian or gay to be nasty to me. I just turn round and say so what, so long as I know what sexuality I am, I couldn't give two s**ts what other people think.

• 3 weeks later...

In the park with the MR the other day...Were merely holding hands/fingers.....A trampish dark male walks past "EY EY! OI! WHAT YOU DOIN' MAN!? WHAT YOU DOIN!!??"The MR goes "talking" this guy starts cursing and giving dirty looks... then he starts talking to everyone in the goddamn park.EURGH. loathe. :)