Phill

What is your orientation?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What is your orientation?

• Straight
    • Gay
    • Bisexual
    • Unsure

I'm just gonna add my 2 cents in here cause I feel I have a right to tbh. I go to one of the 'gay clubs' as people call it around my area. There's only one in Reading. If I was to sit down and talk to the people in there and ask them if it has helped them, pretty much all would say yes. Why? Because it's a place to get together where people won't be discriminated against. If anything I feel hurt that we have to meet up basically at a youth centre where no one would even guess that it was a 'gay club'.

While I pretty much agree with what you're saying do you not think that people become less tolerant with the LGBT because they see them as 'separate'. I'm straight and have often been to gay clubs with my gay circle of friends and when I'm there people often describe it as feeling 'free' etc - but I can't help but feel that separating the two groups so to speak is a positive step towards any sort of understanding. JMO.

While I pretty much agree with what you're saying do you not think that people become less tolerant with the LGBT because they see them as 'separate'. I'm straight and have often been to gay clubs with my gay circle of friends and when I'm there people often describe it as feeling 'free' etc - but I can't help but feel that separating the two groups so to speak is a positive step towards any sort of understanding. JMO.

See if you look back at the past 50 years of LGBT history it's not nice. Police discriminating. Did you know any gay pubs etc had to have blacked out windows? I believe that the clubs which are avaliable to young people now is progress. Section 28 is where it all went wrong, because they brought that in people felt like homosexualitly was a taboo topic. The confusion and reprecussions of that piece of legislation has done a fair bit of damage. So any club which can freely advertise it I see that as progress.

^ I agree with what you're saying. The world has (and continues) to move on, I say world - other countries more than others.If you take racism - look back 50 years and the work MLK Jr was doing in America. Fast forward 50 years and we have a Black president. Things will keep moving along, but I agree - not with things like Sect. 2 getting in the way.

thats a very big accusation there. I live in a Council House, I ain't violent. :(

I think it means that if you live in a council house and are violent, you're a chav. So, if you're getting angry over that, then it probably means you yourself are a chav :(But yeah, that acryonim is utter rubbish and, to be honest, what some define as a chav will be different to what others say. Simple as that.

Ditto about the the council house thing. It's a dodgy subject in general - there's this view that anyone who lives in council houses are poor, on benefits and chavs, or young, single mums. Well I know people whose parents have seperated, the mum has the children, and can't afford with just their money to rent through an agent/privately, or buy their own place, so they have no choice but to live in a council house. Doesn't make them bad or scummy/chavvy! Quite often, council places are how people have to start out, especially with the cost of places these days! Back in the day my mum was in a council flat because it was all she could afford. My brother was on the way, parents got married, so they needed a bigger place, so they got a house with the council. Eventually, when I was 8, they could afford to buy their own house. ;)Anyway back on topic...

• 2 weeks later...

Bi is a code word. Well actually more like a series of words and it differs depending on your gender.If you are male it's "I'm actually gay"If you are female it actually means "I prefer men" :D

Shhh tbh, I'm 50/50. However have higher standards for girls. Like they have to be Hilary Duff for me to really like them haha :D Naa I wouldn't say I'm gay, yet I'm more after a guy at the moment, however like if the right girl came along, then I obviously wouldn't pass up on the opportunity :')