Merlin

ste193

TBH I'm am rather annoyed that so many of englands top themed parks are owned by one company, not meaning it disrespectfully but I think it's holding back our themed parks.Other theme parks in toher countreis are owned by seperate companies and I feel that this is why they are to such a better standard than UK parks, I fele thats its because this Comapnies owns the parks we don't get as many new rides as other countries and some of the rides we get seem rushed becasue of this fact and there doesn't seem to be to much competition, I feel it would do britain a world of good to have it's theme parks owned by different companies.For instance if Thorpe Park where to be owned by another company it could add some fmaily rides and have more money to spend on new rides to compete with chessington etc and becasue they wher e competing the rides would have to be a good standard.I was juts wondering what other people opinions are ;)

I've never thought about the parks being owned by other companies, but then I suppose it's because I think our parks are great!.Okay, I'd like to see some rides like America (with really cool affects) but apart from that I think everything is going well.Chessington could never go against Thorpe, mainly because Thorpe try a new ride every year and the last new ride to be aded to Chessington was Fury (I think?). If we had a park owned by say Disney or Universal, it just wouldn't be the same. We don't have the weather and we don't have the money

Merlin have done wonders for the main 3 parks in the UK. Look at Mutiny Bay, (I won't say SAW as it is franchised), the effects fixed at Thorpe, Chessington effects redone and most areas of the parkj repainted and refurbished.Really good to see a change is now is progress :)

Yep :D . Merlin seem to look at things as a whole and try to give visitors to the park a complete day out. They pay attention to little details, something Tussauds never did :D

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed a considerable difference in the general friendliness of staff since Merlin bought Tussauds. Every time I go now, it seems that every member of staff's main priority is to make sure you have a great day. No-one ignores you, and everyone tries to do everything they can to make sure you have a memorable day, and remain happy. Which is what I love to see :)!

Yep :D . Merlin seem to look at things as a whole and try to give visitors to the park a complete day out. They pay attention to little details, something Tussauds never did :)

A slight exaggeration,Tussauds only seemed to lose interest towards the end of their days (04 onwards). Before that they still put a hell of a lot of effort into their rides and the guest experience.

Ah thanks for pointing that out Mark , I only started my interest in theme parks and stuff in 2003 , hence why I only remembered Tussauds "laziness" if you know what I mean :)

Oh yeah definitly, I didn't mean to imply that Paul was completely wrong. The closest example I can really think of Tussauds genius was really Tidal Wave and Colossus. Colossus is built perfectly around its surroundings, involving non-riders in a way that other companies didn't bother with. Tidal Wave, with WWTP is excellent as it involves a whole area. Those two rides at Thorpe show what Tussauds were capable and it is a kind of shame that Thorpe saw so little of Tussauds excellence.But anyway.. this is a Merlin topic so never mind.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed a considerable difference in the general friendliness of staff since Merlin bought Tussauds. Every time I go now, it seems that every member of staff's main priority is to make sure you have a great day. No-one ignores you, and everyone tries to do everything they can to make sure you have a memorable day, and remain happy. Which is what I love to see :D!

Oh yea I definitely agree on that, staff are really helpful and seem more enthusiastic about the job. Alfonso fan club on facebook :).