Six Flags Magic Mountain

• 3 weeks later...

POV!!!!

Reverse (looking at riders) POV

From reading around sites and forums, this ride seems to have been classed better then any other rides at Magic Mountain, so that hype seems to be going strong still, can't wait to try this out next year!!

Just to compare also here is its now also open RMC Brother, WIcked Cyclone! I'm not sure which I like the look of better :P

And its Reverse POV 

From these POV's these 2 creations seem to be a lot more airtime focused then previous RMC models also which is a good thing! :D

The way six flags terms their coasters is confusing.

If it's a flat ride that happens to have a carriage similar to a coaster, its a coaster.

If it's made of 85% steel (a la wicked cyclone, where the supports and toppers are steel) its a hybrid.

If it's 50/50 like twisted Colossus where the supports are a mix of steel and wood, its a woody.

If I could class coasters, I'd say if it's track is like RMCs but it's supported by wood, it's a hybrid. If it runs on steel toppers and has steel supports, its a steel. If it has traditional wooden coaster track and steel supports, its a hybrid, and if its wood, its wood. It's simple but as per usual Six flags have made a mess of it.

With Wicked cyclone the immediate supports touching the track are steel but most of the rest of the support structure atleast for the taller parts of support structure is wood just painted grey, it gives the illusion more is steel then actually is tbh. Plus Twisted Colossus is seen as a hybrid by Six Flags, as it has been marketed by them as the worlds longest hybrid coaster.

As you can see here this was it during the construction, when they started painting, a lot of the ride is still wood...

maxresdefault.jpg

Medusa is like thee ultimate hybrid, yeah. The last couple years they all seem to be samey and too much steel like in layout, medusa was able to capture the dips and turns of a wooden coaster whilst adding inversions. The more recent ones, especially Goliath have moments when they just seemed to be locked to a grid, and its very distasteful for a coaster.

Oh I agree I'd love one in the UK because it's something different and they look really fun! I just don't like how the designers try too hard to make every turn and inversion look weird, like those weird inverted stall things...

Why didn't they just make it a full zero-g or just an overbank? Like I said a few posts back, Outlaw Run (for me) is the only RMC that doesn't look odd to me because it gets to the point without a badly-shaped turn or pump between every element.