Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

It's the same as last years one? Alton's is more geographically challenged than Thorpe Park's map. Last I checked Nemesis wasn't flying over Runaway Mine Train. Maybe the parks are competing for the most confusing map! Also Alton make it look as though Enterprise is new for 2013.

As Fred said the Suns maps are slightly different, they could move the 2013 logo down for the final map and if we talking about geographically correct since when did Storm Surge tower over X://No way out or Saw Alive be next to Zodiac, they don't have enough room to do everything "perfect" they do it as geographically as possible e.g. Thirteen is at the back of the park while Sonic Spinball is at the front of the park

I'm sorry but not enough room is not a good enough excuse, maybe it they scaled everything down a notch they wouldn't need to cut half their coasters off the map, or have rides seemingly next to rides the other side of the park. This does adhere to Thorpe's Map as well but at least they have rides roughly in the right place.SAW Alive is pretty much next to Zodiac and Storm Surge is technically taller than X:/ No Way Out. Thorpe have dis-proportioned their Major rides so they look big standing out. If Thorpe scaled down their major rides it would be pretty accurate.

Let's be honest here...Both Thorpe's and Towers' maps are truly awful for any navigational purposes... There difference is Towers actually NEEDS a decent map in case people wish to trek through the gardens or whatever, whilst Thorpe you just look at a ride and walk towards it in any direction you feel...I doubt either map will truly affect a person's day out so much... Besides, Towers is trying to make the Resort more noticeable, I'm sure if/when Thorpe get a hotel, they'll do EXACTLY the same...

Least towers has billions of signposts pointing you to lands, and you can use the map to work out what's there.Thorpe has... like no signposts, and no lands anyway. But, you can probably see where you wanna go and navigate yourself around the various empty buildings (Voyagers), pieces of **** (Storm Surge) or empty events areas (Arena) to get there.

Least towers has billions of signposts pointing you to lands, and you can use the map to work out what's there.Thorpe has... like no signposts, and no lands anyway. But, you can probably see where you wanna go and navigate yourself around the various empty buildings (Voyagers), pieces of **** (Storm Surge) or empty events areas (Arena) to get there.

Fred says as he ignores the giant tent in X Sector that hasn't been used since early 2005, the rollercoaster boarded away next to Spinball or the Webmaster tent next to Squirrel Nutty. Ignoring the pieces of **** such as Submission and Enterprise which were until short notice supposed to be closed this year or delapidated rides such Flume Unplugged.If it helps I hate both maps.

Some of those hours don't make sense. For instance, mid June the hours go like this Fri 8th 10:00am 5:30pm Sat 9th 10:00am 5:30pm Sun 10th 10:00am 4:00pm Mon 11th 10:00am 5:30pm What's wrong with that Sunday? Why are the weekdays surrounding it all 5:30? Why is there a random Thursday in November 6:00 close whilst everything around it is 9:00. Why are Chessington's opening hours longer? Why are the park only giving me five hours opportunity to get on Congo and Unplugged?

For the first time ever, Chessington's operating hours are extremely similar, if not longer than Alton's.My total guess is that since Alton get the biggest budget out of the UK parks, they've had to make the biggest cut as a result. Whereas Chessington arguably get the smallest budget, have had to cut hardly anything. Except a decent addition. :ph34r:

It might be a terrible decision but an understandable and needed decision. Its better to shorten the park hours than not being able to open it at all, I should think the "Towers Two" tickets will be advertised more this season and opening hours return back to normal in due course when both the economic and theme park industry returns back to normal, stable pace.

Understandable? Needed?Both are very arguable points indeed. But the problem is here, what does the average guest gain from this? What does any guest actually gain?If they wanted to reduce operating costs on offpeak days, why not remove ERT? Sure people MIGHT get annoyed, but really, is it worth Towers running Nemesis so that 5 people can ride it for an hour?Given the choice of reduced normal opening times or no ERT on offpeak days, I would much prefer the choice of no ERT personally...

It might be a terrible decision but an understandable and needed decision.Its better to shorten the park hours than not being able to open it at all, I should think the "Towers Two" tickets will be advertised more this season and opening hours return back to normal in due course when both the economic and theme park industry returns back to normal, stable pace.

Couldn't agree less. If they can't do it properly then don't do it at all and close mid week. Or call it off peak and charge an off peak price. It is not in any way understandable or needed; Merlin are simply unaffected by the downturn, they have put prices up and attendance is stable so they are making more money (Towers is currently turning a profit for the fist time in a while I believe), they are using it as an excuse for coining in more profit and ripping us off.