Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

The soil being different to the expected was the issue, hence the concrete walls that suddenly appeared unexpectedly...

Either that or Merlin are following other trends, as the UK is rare in that majority have their rides open with the parks themselves... Europe and USA don't tend to do this for major rides...

I expected it to be open on time - do you realise how long they've taken? Nearly a year since they took the Black Hole Tent down.

You've got the next 20 years to get on the thing, I'm not bothered about a 2 month further wait when Nemesis and Oblivion are still roaring away in all their brilliance.

I'm sure everyone's heard that The Sanctuary will be leaving the park on April 14th. It's a shame, as I loved it to bits, but can understand why Alton have chosen to do away with the maze. There's a huge cost involved with running such an attraction (especially for free).

Fingers crossed we'll see The Sanctuary return for Scarefest.

It costs them over a grand a day to run. That's more expensive than running the entire forbidden valley. Its understandable.

Really??

When you add all the staffing for Nemesis, Air, Ripsaw, Blade and N:ST (with its own little maze) I don't see how that is possible.

Like you say though, however it is worked out it is understandable.

Really??

When you add all the staffing for Nemesis, Air, Ripsaw, Blade and N:ST (with its own little maze) I don't see how that is possible.

Like you say though, however it is worked out it is understandable.

I don't know, it soon adds up once you take into account the lighting, effects, odour system and actors themselves.

Actors cost at least £2 more an hour than ride staff...

Terry only has about, 2/3 actual actors right? Hell the ones who let you off the lifts are probably used in the actual corridor itself, saves money (and lots of people in one area)... I guess Sanctuary might have at least double that, and as mentioned, the other costs such as lighting and other effects will make a difference... But the main cost is definitely the actors...

In addition, what with the low attendance so far, one could say it's the extra fat being trimmed off as well to save some money... And as I said, they need to have the Towers opened up as an agreement with the council, hence it was never going to be permanent...

I really couldn't care less mind... Never interested me...

In addition, what with the low attendance so far, one could say it's the extra fat being trimmed off as well to save some money... And as I said, they need to have the Towers opened up as an agreement with the council, hence it was never going to be permanent...

Its disappointing they wont keep it open till the new ride actually opens, but lets face it, this is ultimately the reason.

I'm sure if the park was busier, it would be remaining open till The Smiler opens.

I've done a group of 4 a couple of weeks ago after waiting 10mins for the group to two to join us!

It was literally amazing. Literally. Girlfriend shat it. Which was a shame, as I just wanted to re-ride and re-ride.

No chance now, thing closes on Sunday and not available before then :(

If this is how it's been then no wonder they've closed it now rather than waiting until Smiler opens!

There was actually about 7 or 8 people waiting in the next group, but we asked for it and we got it. Kudos to that staff member. One of us was seperated and chased around the final room for quite a few minutes before being allowed to leave. ^_^