Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

8. Alton Towers Resort will endeavour to ensure that as many rides and attractions as possible are available for use by visitors. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, change the operating hours of the Theme Park or attractions, close the Theme Park or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to the Theme Park, and/or suspend or cancel any attraction or entertainment programme, due to capacity, inclement weather or special events, to ensure safety, security or order, or if we consider that the circumstances so require.

http://www.altontowers.com/tandcs/

Any park if they have a ride closed that I wanted to go on I complain and most of the time get free fastrack/priority passes

Then jump one queue, but wait longer for every other ride you do that day as everyone else is using their free fastrack tickets that they also got for moaning.

And so the insanity continues on and on and on and on and on...

I'm not saying it is your fault, it's the whole thing is just stupid. When anyone goes to complain about anything being closed they should have a copy of the T+C's made of good hard wood to hit them in the face with. It'd all stop then.

Extending park hours, like alton have today, is more than enough compensation and fair on everyone.

Yep.

They are the T+C's and they are there for a reason. There should be an A frame out side stating something like 'To compensate for The Smiller being unavailable the park hours have been extended until ....., we apologise for the inconvenience caused but the closure is beyond our control and we will open the ride as soon as is possible. We hope you enjoy the rest of your day' Basically, go away unless you have something else to moan about.

Just because you are complaining doesn't make you right.

It's different if they advertise that it will be shut but not if they have been saying its open so you book you tickets only to find when you walk to x sector and it's closed. When you complain the staff in guest services don't say anything to you about the t&c's anyway you just get what you want (within reason obvs).

Anyway I was just saying if would complain if I was there and get premium fastrack or something similar.

When you complain the staff in guest services don't say anything to you about the t&c's anyway you just get what you want (within reason obvs).

Anyway I was just saying if would complain if I was there and get premium fastrack or something similar.

Well they should. what is the point of them otherwise? If it was a planned closure they hadn't told you about that would be different, but it is not and nearly never is. It broke moments before opening. What precisely could they have done about that?

I was just saying you shouldn't be able to (although it is understandable people do when they keep dishing stuff out and ballsing up all the queues).

Going to Towers next week so really hoping this bloody ride is going to manage to stay open. Don't mind so much if it's closed (in fact I was kinda hoping we'd get there before opening so that the park was a bit quieter) but would be really annoyed if the whole of X Sector was closed as well. No more stalling Smiler!