Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

When Paramount opens, I hope Merlin fail epically (unless they learn from their mistakes).

Towers is going down hill fast

Thorpe is still in the centre of its normal issues (though lots of cheeky price picks now)

Chessington seems to be between a rock and a hard place.

Legoland seem to be the only one doing the right decisions this year, increasing driving & boating schools capacity (with a refresh) and retheming the town area (which was dated) plus diggers getting replaced by a disko coaster potentially smoke gat other things.

About capacity, people on Facebook have been complaining that it's been taking over 5 minutes to unload and load Octonauts. Over 5 minutes to get 14 people off and on a ride is ridiculous. 

They must have drafted in the Brainiac half term operators of Flying Fish from Thorpe Park then, cos they were that bad back then.

I wouldn't be surprised if it would take 5 minutes to unload/load, between the new staff on it AND the randomness that young children bring to a ride (parents taking photos of child on ride, child refusing to leave ride, etc)...

Hopefully over the year they'll find a way of telling parents to bugger off and buy the ORP if they desperately want a pic of little Timmy on the ride...

From Towers times.

After the recent outcry over operational changes for the new season, Alton Towers have amended some of their staggered openings.

On weekdays: Rita, Th13teen, Skyride, Cloud Cuckoo Land, Hex, Ripsaw, Congo River Rapids, The Flume, and Nemesis: Sub Terra, will all open at 11am. 
At weekends: Ripsaw, Congo River Rapids, The Flume, and Nemesis Sub:Terra, will open at 11am with all other rides opening with the park.

However, opening hours for this weekend have been reduced, with the park now closing at 5pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, instead of the previously advertised 5:30pm.

What are your thoughts on these latest changes?

Source:

I think it is terrible this, the fact that so many rides will have staggered opening and the fact it is now closing earlier. Its just not acceptable...

I'm not sure how true this is but my brother went to Alton Towers on Monday and told me Th13teen was shut. he went on to say the attendant outside it said it was going to be closed until October. this is probably a pile of dog poop my little brother said to stop me from taking him to AT to ride it, however I just want to confirm this isn't true?