Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

Might as well have kept the "Food Loop" name if that's what we're getting...

I find it weird, does generic branding of food outlets improve guest satisfaction? Or is it cheaper/easier to call things "XX Burger Kitchen" etc?

Is "Food Loop" not a Europa Park name? 

I suppose it is establishing a food brand. In the same sense that some people, when travelling, will go for the brand restaurant because they know what they're getting. The problem is I don't think the quality is good enough.

I imagine they've bought the food delivery system from Europa, not the menu! I don't think we have a single jot of info to pass comment on the quality of this yet.

Was wondering, as this is more of a sit down place than any other on park eatery I can think of, will it be available to hotel guests in the evenings too. Certainly very easy to make it accessible due to its location.

Merlin made a big mistake ripping out Ripsaw. yes I know it was not very liked but they NEED flats to even out queues. they have what 4 flats now? at least Air seems to be getting repainted so should look nice and sparkly by March 

I agree to extent -  Ripsaw was past its best, but they need to replace it either with a new topspin or a different flat altogether.

Rollercoaster Restaurant. Named by the same geniuses who gave us Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure only a year ago. ;)

EDIT: Alton Towers have now revealed a description on their website! Despite the name, this does sound very promising!

Opening in May 2015 - the new Rollercoaster Restaurant is set below a vast rollercoaster track where diners can watch as their order tackles two gravity defying loop-the-loops before dropping 8 metres down the tornado spiral to their table.

Each diner will enjoy a full 360˚ dining experience at one of the 13 tables and will get to select from the brand new menu of family favourites – including the Ultimate Twister Ice Cream Bowl!

do we usually get this amount of bitching over names of restaurants in merlin parks?  :blink:  the food arrives on a roller coaster.. roller coaster restaurant.. is it that big a deal? :P

The thing is, you would expect at least a low level of creativity from the so-called "leading theme park operator in the UK" - or any theme park for that mater.  In fact I'd be disappointed if Funland at Hayling Island came up with a name as uncreative as that!  :lol:

The concept itself looks very good, and I will be trying it if I visit Towers in 2016.

I personally have no complaints with the name, regarding the logo & name, it seems to be the brand as seen on this website.

http://www.rollercoasterrestaurant.com/en/

All of the rollercoaster restaurants have followed this logo, also its a restaurant that serves food on a rollercoaster, just like Burger Kitchen is a kitchen that serves 'burgers' & Explorers Pizza Pasta etc etc, when dealing with a mass amount of GP, this name is ideal.  :)

Having given a quick glance over the menu (which can be viewed here https://altontowers.blob.core.windows.net/media/2056/rcr-menu.pdf), it certainly seems lunch will be served between the Theme Park hours and dinner will be available for hotel guests which should give the hotels another dining option.

There seems to be a large variety, but I fear it, like other Towers restaurants, it'll be grossly over-priced. I'm praying MAP discount is included.  :)

Also promotional page has appeared on the website, it has different artwork of the past & present rides at Alton, maybe we'll get some nice artwork and not the vile marketing print we've got in the burger kitchen)

I personally have no complaints with the name, regarding the logo & name, it seems to be the brand as seen on this website.

http://www.rollercoasterrestaurant.com/en/

All of the rollercoaster restaurants have followed this logo, also its a restaurant that serves food on a rollercoaster, just like Burger Kitchen is a kitchen that serves 'burgers' & Explorers Pizza Pasta etc etc, when dealing with a mass amount of GP, this name is ideal.  :)

Nemesis - Looping rollercoaster

Duel - Dark ride with ghosts

Hex - Spinning drum ride with local legend

Woodcutters - Undersized Chicken restaurant 

Burger Kitchen - Burger Kitchen.

Oh.