Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

The media team are trying their best. How else do you sell a closed ride as a good thing.

Your blame is on the wrong department in this case Jamie. Corporate cutting budgets is hurting operations which mean media have to come up with nonsense like that.

That is a good point and I'm not blaming the media team, it's just frustrating to read when you all-but know that the ride is essentially shut as part of the budget cuts.

The media teams for both Alton and Thorpe do a great job and are head and shoulders above the rest of the UK in that respect IMO.

Hex is literally buggered though, as are seemingly most of the other Madhouses (Villa Volta and Defi d'Cesar)...

Think Vekoma have no idea how to fix it, which of course doesn't help matters...

The one at Walibi Belgium also had some problems with park and stuff whilst some of us were there.  Don't know how regular an occurrence that is of course, but could fit a pattern.

I won't be visiting if the rumoured six-ride closure comes to fruition, especially not if they're rides I like as it is a case of whether it's worth the petrol money for a 6 hour round trip for me.

I will bring this up at some point this year when you do actually go

I'm more excited than you are

That's fair enough, I have better things to do than worry about someone on a forum planning to bring up something that will by then have been said months ago, in fact I think it's a little bit sad that you're already planning it but each to their own!  :D

Regarding Alton's lineup, it can't be helping MAP sales when people still don't know what to expect come opening day, I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to purchase a pass without a confirmed lineup from them.

That's fair enough, I have better things to do than worry about someone on a forum planning to bring up something that will by then have been said months ago, in fact I think it's a little bit sad that you're already planning it but each to their own! :D

Regarding Alton's lineup, it can't be helping MAP sales when people still don't know what to expect come opening day, I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to purchase a pass without a confirmed lineup from them.

Personally doubt it's wide spread enough knowledge to really made a difference- maybe more to towers passes though

That's fair enough, I have better things to do than worry about someone on a forum planning to bring up something that will by then have been said months ago, in fact I think it's a little bit sad that you're already planning it but each to their own!  :D

Watching your hypocrisy unfold is a good distraction from my stressful real life.  I'm happy to call it sad, and I have many things I should be doing instead.  Roll on the 2016 theme park season

When you do that thing where you say you won't go to a merlin park because of XYZ, and the XYZ happens but you go anyway?

I find it bizarre that you're so interested in which parks I visit, but I'll explain nevertheless.

Thorpe, to me, is average at best, however as a theme park fan I'm thankful to live fairly near to a major park, and it makes sense to use the facility, especially considering that I actually enjoy the majority of the rides there.

Alton is completely different for me as it requires a lot of forward planning around other commitments, and when combined with the petrol cost involved and booking somewhere to stay, it actually adds up to a considerable amount of money (and time). It comes down to whether it's actually worth that time and money involved with visiting, which with six rides closed, it's probably not, and the money could be better spent on other park trips.

Sorry you misunderstood

I'm not interested in why you visit the parks, I am merely interested in documenting the times you say you will not visit, but then choose to anyway. You asked me to explain what I meant by 'watch your hypocrisy unfold', I have done so

Sorry you misunderstood

I'm not interested in why you visit the parks, I am merely interested in documenting the times you say you will not visit, but then choose to anyway. You asked me to explain what I meant by 'watch your hypocrisy unfold', I have done so

Find me "the times" where I have said I won't visit and have then visited, because they have either slipped my memory, or you've made them up.

Oh my god you cannot be serious

Just for you, I will keep a track in my signature from now on

I am serious - you're talking nonsense because I haven't claimed I won't visit a Merlin park before.

As for not visiting Alton, that will only be the case if the six-ride closure actually happens, otherwise you're taking my quote out of context.

Still, if I want to visit Alton I will do so, I'm not going to think "oh no I can't visit because Tommy on Thorpe Park Mania has it in his signature. Frankly I couldn't care less.