Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

9 hours ago, holtjammy16 said:

Is the park usually busy at this time of the year? Planning to go at the beginning of July before school holidays start, then realised it's school trip season :unsure: Is Alton usually as busy with school trips as Thorpe? 

Yup the park is getting busier at weekends this time of year. During the week it is still quiet-ish. But even when it is busy you will still get a reasonable ride count. I haven't seen Nemesis over 30 minute in queue time all year yet (but it churns through people).

1 hour ago, stretchy said:

Yup the park is getting busier at weekends this time of year. During the week it is still quiet-ish. But even when it is busy you will still get a reasonable ride count. I haven't seen Nemesis over 30 minute in queue time all year yet (but it churns through people).

How is the park right at the end of July?

14 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

How is the park right at the end of July?

Stretch probably knows better than I do but given schools break up around the 20th and it's the beginning of the summer holidays, I'd say it's abysmal - although I'm not sure what attendance has been like this year as hasn't it been down because of the Smiler events?

9 minutes ago, alexander said:

Stretch probably knows better than I do but given schools break up around the 20th and it's the beginning of the summer holidays, I'd say it's abysmal - although I'm not sure what attendance has been like this year as hasn't it been down because of the Smiler events?

Ah great - I do have the RAP but with that comes the great hatred of large crowds.

3 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Ah great - I do have the RAP but with that comes the great hatred of large crowds.

Why did I think this was in the Alton Towers topic? Sorry, my mistake! Chessie has been INCREDIBLY busy as far as I'm aware this season. Looking at the calendar, the 22nd of July is the date public schools break up (the Friday) and it's very, very unlikely school's have school trips on the last day of term, however, you may need to also factor in that some school's may have an inset day too. 

Generally I'd put it off till the Tuesday after as they are generally quieter throughout the year.

5 minutes ago, alexander said:

Why did I think this was in the Alton Towers topic? Sorry, my mistake! Chessie has been INCREDIBLY busy as far as I'm aware this season. Looking at the calendar, the 22nd of July is the date public schools break up (the Friday) and it's very, very unlikely school's have school trips on the last day of term, however, you may need to also factor in that some school's may have an inset day too. 

Generally I'd put it off till the Tuesday after as they are generally quieter throughout the year.

We are in the Alton Towers topic

2 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

We are in the Alton Towers topic

For god sake LOOL don't know what's wrong with me today. Anyway all these things would still apply except Alton at least has better throughputs and more likely to be quieter given the Smiler events.

Scrap the last **** about chessie lool