Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

21 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Suddenly just remembered - where have the themed tills gone in Towers Trading? :(

I was told it is due to 'Progress'! 

Definition: Progress (according to a theme parks)... The removal of anything deemed vital to experience at launch but not deemed vital now, of progressed thing to save on cost at a later date. 

On 23 June 2016 at 1:00 AM, holtjammy16 said:

Anyone been in the park this week? Going on Tuesday for a couple days and wondering how busy it's likely to be :ph34r:

19 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Yeah I know, I was asking why @Graeme linked it :)

I linked it because of the post before mine. It's the easiest way to get an idea of queue times.

1 hour ago, uk30 said:

Anyone know how busy parks been this week going for the 1st time  in 6 years Monday and what's closed and open

There will be lots of school trips so it will be busy between about 11-4 but they tend to leave around then so the queues will die off.

This season Ripsaw and Log Flume are completely closed and Hex is closed this year. I don't think any other rides are expected to be down though!

1 hour ago, uk30 said:

Anyone know how busy parks been this week going for the 1st time  in 6 years Monday and what's closed and open 

Rides closed for this year are Hex, Sub Terra, CATCF, Driving School and Wobble World. The Flume is SBNO pending removal and Ripsaw has been removed.

No sure how busy it will be, but it might being fairly busy due to school trips, will probably get quieter around 3pm though.

2 hours ago, uk30 said:

I was there tues & weds, it was on & off busy mainly due to school kids everywhere 

galactica tends to go between 45-70 mins all day, Smiler was 15 most of the time but would sometimes peak to 40

It's hard to explain how busy it was because sometimes a ride would be walk on but then not too long after the same ride would have a 30min  queue

1 hour ago, Ian-S said:

Ripsaw's theming?  I didnt think Ripsaw had any.  Besides the only thing on Ripsaw's old site is one of those spinning things you jump over and pay £3 for the privilege (like the one near Colossus at Thorpe).

It didn't have much but there was the smashed window which I think is still there?  It may count as an existing structure, not sure though.

1 hour ago, Coaster Jamie said:

It didn't have much but there was the smashed window which I think is still there?  It may count as an existing structure, not sure though.

That and the truck, but again, not sure if that counts. It's gotta be Charlie or Driving School really. I wouldn't mind seeing Toadstool go either tbh. That or add fountains to it because that's what makes Monkey Swinger.

3 hours ago, Ian-S said:

It'll be Charlie, Hex is located in a listed building correct?  They're not going to be demolishing that Castle anytime soon.

I believe that the actual ride section of Hex is in a custom made building separate to the Towers themselves?  But the transition is done so well and the building is hidden enough that you don't actually notice it.

In any case, I can't see this being a demolition and replacement of Hex.  When the time comes to completely get rid of Hex, I'd be surprised if they replaced it with anything to be honest.

If anything happens to Hex I'll drink absinthe 

Location wise, I'd say the following may be on the radar:

The area around Adventure Land

charlie and the card board factory

That corner where wobble world and driving school are

Ripsaw or Sub Terra sites (unlikely)

Cant think of anymore.

My guess is that it is for the noodle hut and the picsolve building in spinballs area. Its obvoius, from the temporary fence, that they want to expand CBeebies down that way. I think the only questin is if Spinball stays or goes. They could easily just move the entrance of spinball to the main path, creating quite a lot of space.