Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

12 hours ago, Benin said:

I'm shocked that a 12 year old doesn't know about a CBeebies show, SHOCKED I tell you!

*13Ā ;)

Ā 

Also I have a 5 year old cousin who watches and adores every show targeted at his age and thats like the only show out of all of the newer ones I saw on Google he's never mentioned.

Pretty poor investment IMO.

In recent years they have already invested inĀ accommodation, alsoĀ there inĀ desperate need of Family rides/Flat Rides

CBeebies LandĀ isĀ obviously very popular, but it seems like the park are investing in the polar opposite of what they need.

What is they thrill flat ride lineup now? Enterprise, The Blade, (which is on its way out anyways)..

Ā 

17 minutes ago, pluk said:

Ā 

No it's not. It's going by the other hotelsĀ 

The Birmingham Mail says it will sit amid CBeebies Land but then later it says it's going by the other hotels. We don't really know yet but judging by the noises I was hearing in Big Fun Showtime it could well be going there.

Just to dispell the confusion:

Ā 

The new cbeebies hotel is not going in CBeebies Land, it's behind The Alton Towers Hotel (next to the spa), with an entrance near the posh hobbit houses. These plans were aproved last year and are in construction as we speak. The name of it and the affiliation with CBeeBies was annonced this week. When the plans were originally submitted it was heavily rumored to be either a CBeebies hotel or a Lego one.

plans -> http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=84975

Ā 

The plans for the Cbeebies expansion havent been aproved yet so can't be constructed.

plans -> http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=105655

Ā 

There are no plans submitted to the council for any hotel within Cbeebies land. They would need planning permission to create any perminant structure in that area.

http://www.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/smdc-aurora

Ā 

So what was the construction you heard behind Big Time? It could be:

a ) Repair work

b ) Scarefest Construction

c ) Towerstastic Summer construction

d ) SWF Department (Alton Towers new Secret Weopon Fence scheme)

Ā 

But I can say with total confidence that it isn't them building a new hotel there.

13 minutes ago, stretchy said:

Ā 

Ā 

So what was the construction you heard behind Big Time? It could be:

a ) Repair work

b ) Scarefest Construction

c ) Towerstastic Summer construction

d ) SWF Department (Alton Towers new Secret Weopon Fence scheme)

Ā 

It couldn't have been any of those things.

Ā 

A) There was nothing there before and a large construction fence around the area, which was near Tree Fu Tom, advertising CBeebies stuff in the main hotel.

Ā 

B ) Area seemedĀ quite big, Id sayĀ too big for anything other than a scare maze which go in Towers

Ā 

C) I'm not sure, I didn't even know they did construction for that.Ā 

Ā 

D) It was allĀ grass I'm pretty sure.

Ā 

Maybe it'll be the new ride?

Does the area cordoned off match the area on the plans?

Ā 

Regarding usage, I meant more that they could have cordoned off the area for the new expansion and be currently using that area for construction of things to go into other areas of the park. e.g. Scarefest wall panels or Towestastic Summer theming.

Ā