Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I mean it's a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation.

People want high quality Scarefest mazes with lots of time put into them, and they want the Towers open as much as possible. But you can't have both.

Granted, it's a situation of the park's own doing, but really, they don't have many other choices.

25 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

People want high quality Scarefest mazes with lots of time put into them, and they want the Towers open as much as possible. But you can't have both.

You can if you spend a bit more money on labour to set up events. At the other end of the scale, how long does it take for Winter Wonderland to set up? Although I understand it is a complex job to dismantle all the mazes and set up again.

I think they just believe not enough people go in the Towers for the maze setup to require a tighter schedule and bigger budget. They might be right, so maybe a better solution would be to keep as much of the Towers clear as possible and just build mazes in the basement. Then build in the upper floors only in the run up to Scarefest

5 hours ago, JoshC. said:

I mean it's a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation.

Granted, it's a situation of the park's own doing, but really, they don't have many other choices.

Does it really take around four months to build the scare fest mazes in the Towers though? Aside from planning, to close the Towers and physically build the mazes. 

32 minutes ago, Stuntman707 said:

Does it really take around four months to build the scare fest mazes in the Towers though? Aside from planning, to close the Towers and physically build the mazes. 

It does because they are all quite big, there are usually 4 mazes to build and it's all done in house by Alton Towers. 
All the sets have to be built, dressed and props made, the sound and lighting run in, probably more. Gives about 1 month per maze. So I do sympathise but like I say I reckon it could be done quicker if they paid to get bigger teams, to build them all at the same time?

• 1 month later...

'Jobsworth' Alton Towers employee desperately tries to stop customer filming their £30 ride photo’

A theme park employee has been labelled a 'jobsworth' after desperately trying to stop a customer from filming his ride picture in a bid to escape payment.     

The confrontation is believed to have taken place at Alton Towers, Staffordshire, which charges £30 on top of its £56 entry fee to download ride photos.  

But one cheeky customer - on what is thought to be the Nemesis ride - decided to try filming the board of ride photographs so he did not have to pay. 

Ordinarily, customers have to pay on top of their entrance fee for a printed photograph from the ride or for a digital download.

When approached for comment, a spokeswoman for Alton Towers said: 'A visit to Alton Towers is all about families and friends making happy memories and for many guests their 'on-ride' photo is a great souvenir of their day. 

'Our display screens are there so guests can review their on-ride photos and several images are usually displayed which can show guests of all ages, including children. 

'We ask guests not to film or photograph the screens to protect the privacy all the guests on display.

'In this instance, the member of staff had explained this and repeatedly asked the individual not to film the display. 

'We have spoken to our teams to remind them of the reason for our policy, and would ask our guests please to respect staff requests not to film and the privacy of other visitors.'

There are a number of options available to customers at Alton Towers when it comes to photographs of their outing. These include printed images, key rings and even digital downloads.    

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7260619/Alton-Towers-employee-labelled-jobsworth-trying-stop-customer-dodging-ride-photo-charge.html

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/nemesis-alton-towers-25-years-3199479?fbclid=IwAR2CdY_FC_YOtxIPLzTCr2q3pcmt3Vm-i2Ki5XQYpjMTFrEFFKlnj5uXALE

Alton are celebrating roller coaster week in style. Expect John Wardley to be mobbed by enthusiasts, disappointed MAP holders who didn't get a pin badge so resort to crying children and offers on entry.

On 8/12/2019 at 11:44 AM, Glitch said:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/nemesis-alton-towers-25-years-3199479?fbclid=IwAR2CdY_FC_YOtxIPLzTCr2q3pcmt3Vm-i2Ki5XQYpjMTFrEFFKlnj5uXALE

Alton are celebrating roller coaster week in style. Expect John Wardley to be mobbed by enthusiasts, disappointed MAP holders who didn't get a pin badge so resort to crying children and offers on entry.

Please post anon: Is there a separate queue for RAP holders for the free pin please.