Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love the music they had playing at the entrance and into Towers Street last year! I also find it kind of "traditional" to fit in with the ageing Towers, for a park like that, you don't need funky, out-of-this-world music at the entrance (which wouldn't suit the park anyway). I think it was new last year. The track is so "welcoming" to the park. Is it there this year?For those of you who don't know what track I'm talking about, the track can be downloaded from Really Rollercoaster.co.uk, but at the moment the site's closed.Can anyone tell who's been this year if that track is playing at the entrance this year?

Does anyone know the Chest and Thigh Measurments for the rides, I'm going in a few days time and my parents are a bit on the big side so we were just wondering what the sizes are? Thanks:-)

I think that it is 51" inch chest measurement for rides such as Nemesis, Air, Rita, Oblivion, Spinball Whizzer....The best thing to do is sit in the "Test Seat" for the particular ride and if you feel comfortable and feel the restraint would lock, then join the queue line.Also, you can always find a ride host for more information or pop into Guest Services.

I think that it is 51" inch chest measurement for rides such as Nemesis, Air, Rita, Oblivion, Spinball Whizzer....The best thing to do is sit in the "Test Seat" for the particular ride and if you feel comfortable and feel the restraint would lock, then join the queue line.Also, you can always find a ride host for more information or pop into Guest Services.

Thanks

Right ive got quite a few questions because ive never been before and I need some knoledge.

• How much is your day footage?
  • How much are photos?
  • which rides have photos and which dont?
  • with the early riders thing that alton are doing, does it apply if you bought it through another company who works with alton over the internet?
  • does it say anywhere on the alton towers website which rides are open and which arent?
Hopeful to find out soon:-Djjh123horry

1.Your day footage is no longer in operation.2.Photos are £73.Rides with photos are: Nemesis, Air, Oblivion, Duel, Congo River Rapids, The Flume, Battle Galleons, Spinball Whizzer and Rita: Queen of Speed. Oh and the Runaway Mine Train4.Afraid not, unless you've pre-booked with Alton Towers, Staying at the hotel or have an Annual Pass, you are not entitled to ERT.5. If there is a large ride unavailable it is usual advertised on the ticker tape at the top of the Alton Towers website, like after the Skyride fire, Rita was down, and the website stated that.Someone also asked earlier about the rides on ERT in the morning.I think they are: Oblivion, Rita and Sharkbait Reef are definite.However I think I read somewhere that Runaway Mine Train, Duel and Spinball are also operating this year due to the addition of people pre-booking eligible for ERT.In the past though Nemesis or Air has also opened for ERT, Don't expect either of them to be open for ERT though. Hopefully this information has helped :)

The full ERT line-up is:Oblivion, Rita, Runaway Mine Train, Duel, Enterprise, Battle Galleons, Heave Ho, Marauders Mayhem and Sharkbait Reef by SEA-LIFE. Submission is also opened for ERT on peak days. Spinball Whizzer does not open for ERT this year, it did last year. :P

Ah , that's great to have that cleared up, Thanks Air-Dan , I knew this year a much bigger selection was opened.Although I miss the days when it was just Air and Nemesis and hardly anyone had ERT and you got a good hour of as many rides as you wanted on both of them :PThe good ol' days :P And Daniel, I would guess that Spinball was opened on that day as another ride would've been down. That's my guess or Alton Towers were just being nice, which isn't unheard of, as I said in a previous post, they opened Nemesis once when it wasn't supposed to have been :P

I thought I rememberered reading somewhere that actually when at full capacity it could be run with 8, maybe not :PTo be honest as with other rides, it probably wouldn't be practical to run all the cars as even with 6/7 and sometimes even 5 , you end up waiting to get into the station.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone.I need some advice about Alton Towers, I'm planning to go in 2 weeks time, My girlfriend and I haven't been to this park before.Is there any tips or information you could give to make my trip worth while?ThanksST

I would book tickets in advance online, as they are cheaper, and you get ERT (early ride time) on some rides. To get ERT make sure to book through the alton towers website.