Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

I wish for 2010 they would do more about the wasps on the park, espically around the eating areas. It got so annoying last year that I raised my concern with Alton Towers. I got a response, but it was a very flaky answer. Did anyone else get annoyed with it, or is it just me?

I'm allergic to wasps and at thorpe and alton I always have to be extremely careful :|. Luckily when I went to Alton it wasn't wasp season :lol: but in the SAW:The Ride queue last season. It was big trouble. I had one of those refill things and realised it had leaked on to my top and at different points 3 wasps landed on my shirt and I was literally like nearly in tears about it and none of my friends would get them off :L. & everyone was tutting at me in the queue. But anyway, at Alton I like how they have the grassy area behind/next to/ somewhere near :lol: obvlivion :rolleyes:. That was really nice to just sit on haha.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I've only been to Alton Towers once when I was too small to ride anything lol.Anyway I'm going for what I class my first time next monday and I was wondering how busy the park is around this time of year?? Should I be expecting to be in hour long queue's for the rides or should it be pretty easy going??Cheers guys. :)

Hi and welcome to the forums! :DI'm not too sure when the Easter Holidays kick off, but assuming it's a normal Monday next week, I'd say to expect to queue a maximum of 30 minutes for rides such as Air. Probably much less.If the Holidays start though, queues can be unpredictable, with anything ranging for 1-2 hours for major rides. You'll be pleased to know that most of the major rides seem to munch through the queues and move pretty quickly.Be sure to let us know about your trip in our trip reports topic! Hope you have an awesome time. :)

Has anyone had any experience of any taxi services from Stoke-on-Trent station? Doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the companies so am looking to see if anyone has had personal experiences, good or bad.

If you're looking at taxis, you don't want to go from Stoke... It's further away than you might think... There is a bus from Stoke which is about £4/5 return which takes about 50-60 minutes...Alternatively, go to Uttoxeter and get a taxi/bus from there...

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I've only been to Alton Towers once when I was too small to ride anything lol.Anyway I'm going for what I class my first time next monday and I was wondering how busy the park is around this time of year?? Should I be expecting to be in hour long queue's for the rides or should it be pretty easy going??Cheers guys. :)

It might be slightly busy but I'm not 100% sure when the schools up here actually break up... But the uni does on Monday week so you may or may not be lucky...If all else fails you can always fall onto fast-track for some extra... Dunno if they'll have it for Thirteen but that's not a horrendous queue...Another option is ERT time from 9-10 on Nemesis and Oblivion (to name the big two of the line-up)... If you don't have an AP get those tickets in advance and take advantage...

The holidays will have started for some by Monday. However if its the same as last year where the schools around Alton have a different holiday time, then it'll be quiet :DEven if it's busy, as someone said, you don't feel it the same as at other places because everything is so spread out. As well as the majority of rides being good at getting through the queues. (Sonic Spinball being the main and only exception that springs to mind.)Basically , if the schools around Alton aren't on holiday, I'd expect 45 mins max for Spinball, Rita and Air. An hour for Thirteen at opening but that'll come down. If they are on holiday, I'd assume 100-120 mins for Air/Rita/Spinball. Possibly that much for Thirteen at opening but that would also come down. About 60 mins for Nemesis and Oblivion. This is just from experience :)

I am heading up to the park for the weekend, so just a few questions I hope someone can answer for me.1. What time does the monorail open and do you need to catch it in order to reach the front entrance?2. Is there an advance ticket collection office, just like Thorpe Park, if so where is it located?3. Where would you recommend eating, bar pizza outlets?4. What rides are avaliable for ERT?Many Thanks,Jack.

Yo.Moo-no-rail opens at 845amz, and the advance collection is on the left of turnstyles - its really not difficult to miss them!For food there's like chicken and ribs at woodcutters (near rita), BBQ in mutiny and the usual stuff found at the other parks.ERT is nemmy, RMT, Hex.. Oblivion I think, spinball, and I think some mutiny rides.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...