Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

• 4 weeks later...

Just sifting through some alton towers archives, I've found what I remember watching as a superb attraction, 'Boneshaker'. I never rode it, but wow it sure does look like a fantastic ride. I'd love to give that a try if it were still here.

Mondial Supernova, originally where Submission stands now and removed in 2004 I think due to Rita/unpopularity...It was a good solid support ride imo, not too intense but not too boring... I miss it (like I miss Dynamo :))

For anyone interested 'Your day' which went into admistration last year and ceased trading last year. Well alton towers purchased the rights and equipment and well the system has been re launched and re-branded as the Alton Towers Resort DVD. Costing around £15 at present. ( information taken from towers times)Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

Right Quick Question as it's been a while since I visited hereAs you all know AP holders get to go into the towers an 1hr before park opening to the GP.My question - I am bringing 2 cousins with me tomorrow, can they come in with me an hour before as well or do I regretfully have to wait till 10 with them?Many Thanks

I'm afraid you will have to wait with them. You could go off and meet with them again later, but they couldn't enter before 10. the general rule is usually of the majority of that group are AP holders, then you'll be let through. Sorry

Actually, you can get in if you prebook online as well as having an annual pass. When I went during easter 3 of us had annual passes and my cousin booked online but he still gt in with us.http://www.altontowers.com/special-offers/theme-park-tickets/

For me, there would be no question, and IMO Alton and Thorpe are leagues apart, Alton being the much better park.Although, if all you want is thrills then you may prefer Thorpe. (Despite Alton still attracting more "thrill" guests than Thorpe :))Especially as you've never been to Alton, I think that would be the obvious choice :o