Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

• 3 months later...

6) Does it apply to the Alton Towers Annual Pass & Water Park Annual Pass?Alton Towers Resort will be introducing a premium pass at £99 per person which will include free parking.

From Towerstimes...I fully expect the other parks to follow suit... The number of passes is getting more and more silly by the day at this rate... Will they be releasing London Midway ones soon?

• 3 months later...

Absolutely! However, now it's been marketed and over 3 million people have been to the park since it was installed, they probably feel the need to revert back to the likes of Oblivion.Anyway, I feel the advert has a good balance even if it's not Alton's best.And it's not about how enthusiasts felt it was marketed - Morwenna said (and I quote) "a lot of it is bull s**t" :P

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm trying to plan an alton towers holiday with a friend and I am looking into a youth hostel in Dimmingdale, which is about a mile and a half west of alton towers. This would mean that if we were to walk to alton towers (Yeah, we have no car or anything), we would end up right at the back of the park next to X-sector. Is there any back entrances what so ever to the park? If not we will have to walk about 3 miles to the town of Alton to catch a bus which is too far to walk.

Dimmingdale doesn't seem to exist on Google... Where exactly are you staying?The road from Alton village (not a town) goes past Oblivion as well, so dunno where you get the having to walk back to it to get a bus...If you're at Oblivion, just walk around... Though without knowing where you're staying (as Dimmingsdale is the only answer I get and that's near WOLVES!), it's hard to help fully...

Dimmingsdale is about a kilometer below Oakamoor and if you are on google earth, it should point out the youth hostel. The quickest route to alton towers from the youth hostel is about 1 and a half miles, and I end up at the chained oak B&B. This is roughly behind alton towers and I'm not too happy about walking three quarters of a kilometer on a busy road with no pavement to the entrance.Actually, not finding dimmingsdale might be my fault...Its actually spelled Dimmingsdale-not dimmingdale.The route to alton to get a bus is entirely different and is about a km longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an annual pass entrance for Alton Towers or do you just go the normal way? Planning my first trip there for two years and can't remember! Also it is the first time going with an annual pass.Thanks in advance!

Go in the normal way and try to make your way through the crowds of people shouting abuse at you for cutting through