Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

25 minutes ago, holtjammy16 said:

I never knew thunderlooper was over 130ft why were they allowed to have that?

I don't think they were, I could be wrong but I think they were forced to remove it due to the height restrictions - after painting the top section blue with clouds failed!

6 hours ago, holtjammy16 said:

I never knew thunderlooper was over 130ft why were they allowed to have that?

It was in the Blade/Ripsaw pit. It was the reverse Oblivion if you like with majority of the ride sunk down. I had always heard it was removed because of the noise it made, more then the track being visible outside the park.

Thunderlooper was a good ride as it never had a queue. You could ride it 20 times in the time your friends rode Nemesis.

The Thunder Looper's stay at Alton Towers was short lived for a number of reasons. It was in breach of planning requirements, locals complained about the noise and it was said to have caused cattle to breed at the wrong time of year!

http://towersnerd.com/history/retired/thunderlooper/index.html

I forgot to mention but when we went late July something was being built and drilled onto one of the Ice Age warehouse's walls, the one only visible from Toadstool. It looked like some sort of mirror with dirt or something round the edges, probably Scarefest related but I don't know so I'll just leave it here.

I don't think it's a bad thing... A lot of people don't want to queue these big queues and it only does it when there is a big queue. I think it's great that you can just stand by a ride and purchase fastrack, the issue is balancing out the fastrack and making sure that if 1000 are bought through the app that comes off the parks fastrack allocation for the day. If not it could cause chaos...

Another thing... People moan constantly about upselling. Here is a newsflash, everywhere does upselling... It's what makes a company money, very little of the entry gate price go into actual profit, especially with a large majority not paying full price and using annual passes. That's where the money is... 

You see it everywhere outside of parks too... Coffee chains asking you to purchase a cake, Fast food chains asking if you want a side of Onion Rings etc.

At least with the app you don't get pressing selling, you can just think "No, I don't want fastrack" and swipe away the notification rather than a staff member going "Go on! You know you want to!" (Not that towers do much fastrack pressure selling, that's usually the photo booths job)