Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

You could say I'm quite happy at the moment, I have managed to plan a trip to Alton Towers by train on the 26th june for 11 pounds return from london. (I am still able to get away with being 15 if your wondering how I got it so cheap :D ). I cant wait I have only been once and that was when I was 3 the opening year of oblivion, I rember watching my brother ride it and thinking he was really brave :lol: . Jake :D

The train tickets sound very reasonable I think I'm going to do the same option when I go next but won't be lucky Like you Jake I'm passed the 15 yr border lol , but with the train at least I dint have to drive 4hrs each way :lol: Thanks for info sheepie !!

I have discovered that Alton towers will be using the forbidden valley exit, after the Black Eyed Peas concert. I suggested this a while back for the fireworks and pink concert, obviously great minds think alike lol! It will be interesting to see how it will operate, guests will be tempted to go on other rides and may be tempted to stay longer because of the distance to the exit!

Oh HAI silly PR stunt...http://www.altontowers.com/events/coaster-cuties/

Posted ImageWe’re looking for 13 girls to be the faces of the ultimate rollercoaster, TH13TEEN. That’s right... we’re looking for the ultimate Coaster Cuties! 20 girls will be selected to attend the Alton Towers Resort and as well as riding the ultimate rollercoaster, TH13TEEN, you will take part in an exclusive photoshoot! 13 lucky girls will then be crowned the Alton Towers Resort’s Coaster Cuties, and star in the first ever TH13TEEN Calendar!Do you think you’ve got what it takes to star in the Alton Towers Resort’s new TH13TEEN calendar? Then fill in the details below and submit along with a photo or YouTube video of yourself, demonstrating why you are a Coaster Cutie.

Posted Image

This could well be the first little addition I'm very pleased about at Alton this year. The old Your day shop has been replaced with a professional "Resort Box Office" where they sell hotel stays, annual passes, fastrack, theme parks tickets ect.Well the hotel reservation desk has got it's own little section within the box office with some amazing attention to detail. Along the backdrop to the desk are some "books" some titles include, "So you've found a crypt, what to do next?" and, "SW7- Secret Plans, Do Not Read!".I know it's not much, but I find these kinds of little "in-jokes" absolutely brilliant and is the kind of creativity I expect to see resort wide.A lovely member from TTF has taken photos, go take a look!Hotel Reservation Desk

Can anyone help me? I was going to head up to Alton on thursday but it turns out alot of schools are closing because of teacher stikes, do you think this will effect Alton Towers alot?Jake ;)

Hi JakeIt will probably affect towers, but it will be more full with students than kidies as they have now finished exams.You will get less of the school trips but more famlies. But queues shouldnt be more than 40 mins or so max. TBH iVe found that the best time to go in the school hols is weekends. Stretchy

Just a heads up, the parks are expecting to be VERY busy with the schools on strike tomorrow - loads are planning on coming on the day off.When schools are visiting, weekends are the best. Over school holidays, tues, weds or fri are the best days.

You may be aware of TowersTimes' recent letter and petition (of near-200 signatures/comments) to Merlin Entertainments regarding several issues arising at Alton Towers, including the Fanta sponsorship on Oblivion. To my knowledge, a few people off here signed it and made comments as did others off the likes of Coasterforce and other AT/park related fansites.A lengthly letter has now been received from Merlin, and will be posted this evening!;)

Great news Dan. I enjoyed reading their reply and appreciated the time and effort it took Nick. Whilst personally I feel as though it's just a history of the company rather than addressing any points in reality, I do agree on the principal that taking to time to reply is a very promising sign and admirable. I just hope Alton can improve and Merlin can provide them with the tools to do so.Other news- groupon.co.uk are offering 50% off at the Towers at the moment. That's a great deal and comes in handy if you're in an odd numbered group! That's £20.40 for Adults. ;)

You may be aware of TowersTimes' recent letter and petition (of near-200 signatures/comments) to Merlin Entertainments regarding several issues arising at Alton Towers, including the Fanta sponsorship on Oblivion. To my knowledge, a few people off here signed it and made comments as did others off the likes of Coasterforce and other AT/park related fansites.A lengthly letter has now been received from Merlin, and will be posted this evening!:P

I've just re-read the letter and my faith has sort of been restored that maybe Merlin can pull the situation around at Alton Towers. Whilst I never thought the situation was as bad as Towers Times Forum was making out, I did feel that the wheels were not as tight as they should have been. One of my biggest.. reliefs I guess you could say, is that AT management know how important families are to the parks success. If you don't attract them back, you lose a lot of income and interest.. I'll be interested to see what direction the 2012 and 2013 rides go in.. and how high.

This new advertising stuff for Alton's best ride ever is actually really brilliant. Finally focusing on the rides and not banning sexy tv from the hotels it asks for what is Alton's greatest ride out of Nemesis, Oblivion, Air, Rita and Thirteen.Great stuff, well done Alton. :)