themeparkmad

Alton Towers General Discussion

Hey at least they're still open in most off-peak weekdays, some places across the world don't even do that...

Perhaps if there was a balance between later opening hours in busier times, but I'm not sure that there's a real appetite culturally for 10pm summer closes for example... Thorpe's events were an attempt but the weird implementation possibly confused visitors...

image.thumb.png.71448617149f94c5910b796ca29989d2.png

I don't understand Alton towers offer a discounted price to ride some world leading roller-coasters and they still get mocked. Remind me how much a Blackpool season pass I for comparison.

1 hour ago, Glitch said:

image.thumb.png.71448617149f94c5910b796ca29989d2.png

I don't understand Alton towers offer a discounted price to ride some world leading roller-coasters and they still get mocked. Remind me how much a Blackpool season pass I for comparison.

The cheapest price for a 2020 Blackpool season pass was £89.  They are £99 currently.

The full price of £189.60 (1896??) is ludicrous but since the passes are valid for the season (and not a year from the date of purchase), I doubt anyone pays full price.