The Haunted House

mickeyb

Who likes Duel at Alton Towers, or who prefered the old Haunted House attraction that started it all in 1992. This is a room where you can send in some nice comments, memories of the ride and anything else you remember of the ride. I went on this and I used to be scared on that ghostly part when you walked in it took the crap outta me when I rode it when I was little, sorry for the use of bad language people.here's a ride photo of the Haunted House to jog up your memoryif you want the link clicky here...http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr9/Bla...ntedHouse-1.jpgif you want the picture then its just below the topic page.Posted Image

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

There are no full length POVs that I have stumbled across, but there was a partial video from 1997 or something (I think it has since been taken down).

There's this, but it is terribly edited. The video jumps all over the place, the actual ride was not as random as it makes out (also the audio also doesn't fit with what's on screen). Misleading and poor quality but it gives an idea of what it was like.

And this shows some shots on opening day. Most of the ride was drastically altered a few months after this video was taken, so very worth seeing.

Yes, the funny thing is John Wardley is seen in 'Themes, Dreams and Scream Machines' complaining of a media crew shifting the cars around, ruining the blocking and causing the ride's opening to be delayed. And that "preview" clip was filmed on opening day, before the ride officially opened. I bet it was Motormouth that delayed it!

• 1 year later...

Forgive me for advertising!

I'm creating a (not dull) documentary on dark rides in Britain and have interviewed most of the original designers that created rides like Hauntd House, Bubble Works and 5th Dimension. I've done an enormous amount of research (it's hard work but well worth it!) so the film really will be very insightful and in depth, I'm amazed at the stories of how these rides were thought up and brought to life in such weird ways and the people I've met have all been fascinating. Haunted House was one of the more simple rides to do, although as you'll probably know it went through so many bizarre changes during construction and post-opening.

If you're interested there's a Facebook page, search "British Dark Rides - Better Luck Next Time". I've actually got permission to use that HH footage in the film funnily enough, along with unseen footage. And a heck of a lot more archive material that I've dug up. I'm going to publish the first part of the doc in September.

Forgive me for advertising!

I'm creating a (not dull) documentary on dark rides in Britain and have interviewed most of the original designers that created rides like Hauntd House, Bubble Works and 5th Dimension. I've done an enormous amount of research (it's hard work but well worth it!) so the film really will be very insightful and in depth, I'm amazed at the stories of how these rides were thought up and brought to life in such weird ways and the people I've met have all been fascinating. Haunted House was one of the more simple rides to do, although as you'll probably know it went through so many bizarre changes during construction and post-opening.

If you're interested there's a Facebook page, search "British Dark Rides - Better Luck Next Time". I've actually got permission to use that HH footage in the film funnily enough, along with unseen footage. And a heck of a lot more archive material that I've dug up. I'm going to publish the first part of the doc in September.

Been following you on FB for quite some time now, no idea it was you. Really looking forward to this. Thank you!

That's brilliant news. Always loved dark rides and all the concepts and ideas that go with 'em. Although I did ride the haunted house when it was still knocking about my "home turf" is chessington so the bubbleworks and 5th dimension parts should really overload my brain with useful pub knowledge.