On Ride Photos

Matthew

An easier answer is a picsolve app for your smart phones. Picsolve develop the app and have the servers they already have in place.

Go on the ride, type in the picture number or scan a QR code, collect your photos, pay at ANY shop, machine or even online. Digital would have a very low cost.

Self service ORP would be an option too.

For me I would be happy to pay £50 and have 50 digital only photos, use a smart phone app, or get a ticket printed, pay at home or on a machine.

The photopass could even be a card with a bar code on, you buy it with whatever value you want, scan your card at a self service machine, type in your photo number, click buy and a receipt comes out with your normal digital download.

There are plenty of options. Cameras need to work as they don't always work, the quality of the cameras needs to be good as some of the ORP are very poor quality.

I was still amazed to see at Alton Towers, a photo pass is now £25 and offers four photos and four digital downloads. Yet, back in 2012 you got five photos for £20 and a digital download for an extra pound. I'm guessing Thorpe has gone the same price now? I just don't understand how they justify it, because however you look at it; they've stuck the price up a few quid.

I remember when it used to be £25 for a photo pass with annual pass discount then they got rid of that and it was free digital downloads :(

I was still amazed to see at Alton Towers, a photo pass is now £25 and offers four photos and four digital downloads. Yet, back in 2012 you got five photos for £20 and a digital download for an extra pound. I'm guessing Thorpe has gone the same price now? I just don't understand how they justify it, because however you look at it; they've stuck the price up a few quid.

So piscolve have been sending out emails for people to do surveys, and spotted this on the survey 'Picsolve is developing an App to make claiming, viewing, and sharing, your attraction photos easier and more fun. We would like your help in deciding what’s important.'

could this possibly develop into what has previously been said about buying pictures directly through your phone, or just buying digital download codes at the booth or from a machine?