Pleasurewood Hills

cheekiastri

Sorry if there is already a Pleasurewood hill's topic, I couldn't find one.So who has been here and what is your opinion of the theme park?I went once years and years ago and may be going again next month.Do the queues get as big as Thorpe park and Alton towers?Anyone been on Wipeout? it looks quite fun!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That specific quote seems to also be (partly) mentioned in this article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-22689609 (which itself has parallels to NST). I'd be interested if this Mr Sim rode NST before or after the tweaks that were made, which, from what I've heard, could make a world of difference to opinion.

Anyways, that itenery looks great. It's a shame that the 'big parks' with all the money don't really bother to celebrate things like this in any way; if a small park like PH can do something that sounds so great, then pretty much all parks should be able to.

That specific quote seems to also be (partly) mentioned in this article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-22689609 (which itself has parallels to NST). I'd be interested if this Mr Sim rode NST before or after the tweaks that were made, which, from what I've heard, could make a world of difference to opinion.

Anyways, that itenery looks great. It's a shame that the 'big parks' with all the money don't really bother to celebrate things like this in any way; if a small park like PH can do something that sounds so great, then pretty much all parks should be able to.

Yeah you're right with the big parks not celebrating but the big parks like Thorpe, Alton etc are expected to be open for lots of years where as the smaller regional parks aren't doing so well and its a good thing that they are staying open hence the big celebrations.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Feels like they're trying to compete with Chessie's Facebook and Twitter pages, seeinghow they mentioned about the secret of RMT.

I do like how the non-Merlin parks try and capitalise from the Merlin parks' advertising; LWV has been particularly good at it actually. But this shows how Chessie is a much easier target than the other Merlin parks...

Unfortunately by the looks of it, that's the same that they had a few years back, nonetheless it is great to finally see Pleasurewood invest in another coaster. It is a shame that Pleasurewood lost the bid for Knightmare from Camelot as I guess that would have been the new one so this is a good improvisation from the park though and I'm sure it'll bring in more families for the park which is exactly what they need.

Have to admit though, after Hobbs Pit and the refurbs, returns and other new rides like Jolly Roger it shows that they are really trying to be up in the big leagues with the investment and PR side of things. Hopefully they'll keep this up for a small regional park they're doing very well

Unfortunately by the looks of it, that's the same that they had a few years back, nonetheless it is great to finally see Pleasurewood invest in another coaster. It is a shame that Pleasurewood lost the bid for Knightmare from Camelot as I guess that would have been the new one so this is a good improvisation from the park though and I'm sure it'll bring in more families for the park which is exactly what they need.

Would have been awesome if it was Knightmare. Do you know who did win a bid for Knightmare?

Feels like they're trying to compete with Chessie's Facebook and Twitter pages, seeinghow they mentioned about the secret of RMT.

I do like how the non-Merlin parks try and capitalise from the Merlin parks' advertising; LWV has been particularly good at it actually. But this shows how Chessie is a much easier target than the other Merlin parks...

Didn't Lightwater Valley go after Alton's car parking charges for a while a few years back. I seem to remember one status saying "AND our parkings free too!"

• 2 months later...

In addition to the new Marble Madness coaster for 2014, they are also going to add a high dive show that will be performed in July and August. That now means that there are four shows on offer at the park, it's always nice to see little additions like shows added.

Also, the group performing it is called Acapulco High Divers and they have performed at Europa Park as well!

• 1 month later...

Fantastic day here yesterday!

The Marble Madness track is all repainted in bright orange with only the base and lower part of the lift hill built though. To be fair to them they are a smaller park so I didn't expect this to be ready for the first half of the season.

Aside from that Snake in the Grass has been reverted back to Rattlesnake with a new train.

Hobs Pit was brilliant and would certainly fit in at a major park but long queueing times.

A brilliant and my favourite smaller park but one thing that is very different to a lot of other parks is that the park closing time is the closing time for the ride regardless, where as in parks like Thorpe if you are in the queue you will still get your ride. If you are in the queue at park closing time you will be turned away and not get your ride. Apart from that a great park that I'd definitely recommend to those passing by the area

Fantastic day here yesterday!

The Marble Madness track is all repainted in bright orange with only the base and lower part of the lift hill built though. To be fair to them they are a smaller park so I didn't expect this to be ready for the first half of the season.

Aside from that Snake in the Grass has been reverted back to Rattlesnake with a new train.

Hobs Pit was brilliant and would certainly fit in at a major park but long queueing times.

A brilliant and my favourite smaller park but one thing that is very different to a lot of other parks is that the park closing time is the closing time for the ride regardless, where as in parks like Thorpe if you are in the queue you will still get your ride. If you are in the queue at park closing time you will be turned away and not get your ride. Apart from that a great park that I'd definitely recommend to those passing by the area

Thanks for the review, it sounds like a great park.

Unfortunately if they have that closing policy then I won't even consider visiting, that is appalling and something that I used to give BPB a lot of hate for (fortunately they have improved 100% since then!)

Hobs Pit is an attraction that interests me greatly - what was it like? Scary?