Pleasurewood Hills

cheekiastri

What exactly is it? The description is very vague

Edit - I'm talking about Hobs Pit

Its a scare attraction based on a mine. Half of it is a walk through with actors as Benin said and then the other half is a mine cart ride through "Hobs Pit"

Thanks for the review, it sounds like a great park.

Unfortunately if they have that closing policy then I won't even consider visiting, that is appalling and something that I used to give BPB a lot of hate for (fortunately they have improved 100% since then!)

Hobs Pit is an attraction that interests me greatly - what was it like? Scary?

I hate the closing policy as well but usually you would have got all the rides in that you want to do anyway (with a high chance of re-rides as well), it only really affects queues for Enigma and Hobs Pit as they are the attractions that get the longest queues.

Hobs Pit - half walk-through and half mine cart ride that uses the track from the dark ride that was there before Hobs Pit. The exterior looks quite good with the look of a rickety mine, and its the only ride on the park that has it's own dedicated shop. I personally wouldn't call it scary but with a 12A age restriction and a 1.5M height restriction its certainly not a ride for families with young children, there were points in the queue line when an actor came out and him alone scared away people my age (15). My experience of it was more jumpy than continuously scary, but of course this has the chance to change with there being actors.

Its a scare attraction based on a mine. Half of it is a walk through with actors as Benin said and then the other half is a mine cart ride through "Hobs Pit"

I hate the closing policy as well but usually you would have got all the rides in that you want to do anyway (with a high chance of re-rides as well), it only really affects queues for Enigma and Hobs Pit as they are the attractions that get the longest queues.

Hobs Pit - half walk-through and half mine cart ride that uses the track from the dark ride that was there before Hobs Pit. The exterior looks quite good with the look of a rickety mine, and its the only ride on the park that has it's own dedicated shop. I personally wouldn't call it scary but with a 12A age restriction and a 1.5M height restriction its certainly not a ride for families with young children, there were points in the queue line when an actor came out and him alone scared away people my age (15). My experience of it was more jumpy than continuously scary, but of course this has the chance to change with there being actors.

Cool, it sounds really good.

Ride close policy is seemingly adapted pretty much everywhere bar Merlin Parks unfortunately.

I'm sorry, but that is not true at all. Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Oakwood, Lightwater Valley, Fun City Brean and Drayton Manor are all parks I have visited in the last few years (most of them last year/this year), and none of them have this ride close policy.

Pleasurewood Hills is the only park I've heard of that still have that policy.

I'm sorry, but that is not true at all. Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Oakwood, Lightwater Valley, Fun City Brean and Drayton Manor are all parks I have visited in the last few years (most of them last year/this year), and none of them have this ride close policy.

Pleasurewood Hills is the only park I've heard of that still have that policy.

Actually yes, Blackpool seemingly allows you to stay til close.

Oakwood - if there's a queue they'll shut it early. I've had the doors shut in my face of Spooky3D because they only class the inside section as queueline.

Lightwater Valley - closes the queue early, if it's busy you need to join Ultimate 30mins before park close

Drayton Manor - closes queues early. Join G force 20mins before if its slightly busy.

To add: Flamingoland also closes early (even though there was signs on our visit telling us to visit their version of Guest Services if the ride staff close early!!!).

All of these have been visited this season or last and experienced this, apart from mingo cos that was 2010 and I'm never going back there again.

Actually yes, Blackpool seemingly allows you to stay til close.

Oakwood - if there's a queue they'll shut it early. I've had the doors shut in my face of Spooky3D because they only class the inside section as queueline.

Lightwater Valley - closes the queue early, if it's busy you need to join Ultimate 30mins before park close

Drayton Manor - closes queues early. Join G force 20mins before if its slightly busy.

To add: Flamingoland also closes early (even though there was signs on our visit telling us to visit their version of Guest Services if the ride staff close early!!!).

All of these have been visited this season or last and experienced this, apart from mingo cos that was 2010 and I'm never going back there again.

With regards to Flamingoland, I've heard how awful it is there and have no interest in visiting that park.

I went to Drayton Manor on their fireworks event and all rides stayed open until 9pm, with queues not shutting until 9 on the dot (this was last year).

The last time I went to LWV I think that all the queues were open until the end, they even let some people join the queue for Raptor Attack after the closing time.

Oakwood were good last year, although I remember that they did actually close queues early in 2012.

Fun City Brean don't close the queue until the closing time and will run off any queue there is left (although they rarely have queues over 5 minutes).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Advice please!

I've not been for many years, a friend asked me today if it is worth going here with a five year old? The park seem to have been targeting a slightly older market for the last few years, is there still enough there for the very little ones to make a day there worthwhile?

The adult rides are no good to her by the way, she's well pregnant, so the trip would purely be for the little one.

• 6 months later...

Its great to see them investing yet again. Just hoping its not a ride that will look like its came straight from the fair ground (like Jolly Roger and Thunderstruck when it originally opened)...

They must be doing well, although it seems they have cut Halloween this year and opted for a September closing which is an interesting an unexpected move....

Good move by the park adding another rides though. It sure what is it.

I'm actually wonder why the park (looks) like its closing in September this year (cutting a month off the season)? Surely they wouldn't do this if they were doing well, unless there's something major happening to the park next year or it's just bit been added yet (very strange).

Closing in September is very strange - I thought they ran a popular Halloween event in October?  Also, they are missing out on half term trade.  Very strange decision.

They did, it was quite a good event as well as far as smaller parks go with a fair amount of halloween attractions. It was quite busy as well. Maybe they will add in a Halloween event and times closer to the time when full details are planned out

I hope they've sorted out their blanket ride close policy for this year as well...

They did, it was quite a good event as well as far as smaller parks go with a fair amount of halloween attractions. It was quite busy as well. Maybe they will add in a Halloween event and times closer to the time when full details are planned out

I hope they've sorted out their blanket ride close policy for this year as well...

I very much hope so, they will be getting a complaint from me if I am turned away from a ride despite having been in the queue - it's the main thing that has been putting me off visiting before but I've decided to give it a try anyway as it looks like quite a nice park.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pleasurewood Hills have confirmed on their facebook page, that new for 2015 is, 'Hyper Drive Dodgems'

10982460_818015051603094_545415020452943

The current dodgems are staying at the park. I'm going to be honest, I'm quite disappointed! The frame work PWH posted as teasers looked like they could be getting a fairly decent flat but obviously not. I don't see why one park needs two sets of dodgems. Hopefully there will be a unique spin on these dodgems.

Sourced from:

https://www.facebook.com/PleasurewoodHills/photos/a.132653403472599.26926.127732050631401/818015051603094/?type=1&theater

Unless that park is Paultons!

WORLD'S FIRST PARK WITH TWO SETS OF DODGEMS! ! 1!

Not been PH since Woodie Bear was wandering the place, so don't know if this makes sense, but the park on facebook have stated the other ones are 'kiddie' ones which are staying alongside these 'adult' ones. Which is fair enough.

• 1 month later...

Pics of the 'Hyper Drive Dodgems' :

(Taken from PWH Facebook Page)

11078171_845005752237357_496158924011575

Personally I think they look bloody awful! I think its a complete let down from the recent additions to the park such as Marble Madness and Hobs Pit. I would have rather them spent the money on getting a second train for Enigma or general TLC around the park!