Pleasurewood Hills

cheekiastri

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

24276271601_bf184b122f.jpg

Woody has begun on an exciting new project for 2016. All will be revealed soon!

Posted to the PWH Facebook page earlier today: https://www.facebook.com/PleasurewoodHills/

It looks like they have demolished Tales of the Coast, which isn't really a surprise - I think it was a case of knock it down before it falls down!

I'm intrigued to see what this development turns out to be, I've heard rumours of them having picked up a second hand coaster but nothing concrete.  Realistically I'm not expecting a coaster, a flat is probably more likely but it might not even be a ride.

Interesting update there.

Tales Of The Coast didn't appear on last year's map and looking at the picture, it wouldn't surprise me if its been ripped out.

Whilst it was never anything fantastic (and looked quite dated & worn), I hope whatever's planned to replace it is both large scale and original. Something on the lines of Hobs Pit or even Marbles would be nice.

• 6 months later...

With all this talk of Bubbleworks closing down, at least they have given warning. Pleasurewood Hills have just posted this on their Facebook page:

"Sadly the Rattlesnake will not re-open for the remainder of the 2016 season. Keep checking our Facebook and Twitter page for further updates and future developments."

Wonder why?

At 30 years it's certainly quite an old coaster now and a shame the ride appears to be for the chopping block. Then again maybe it just needs tonnes of maintenance or structural work, but it does seem very sudden.

Glad I went on it when I did. The ride's layout was is identical to Treetops at Oakwood, bar the lack of trees and that it does 2 laps. 

2 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

That's a shame (and a huge shame that it'll be SBNO, seems to be a common theme for UK parks at the moment!), I really hope the replacement is a coaster otherwise they will be down to three.

I'm sorry, but apart from Alton Towers what other rides are SBNO?

• 5 months later...

Well that's another one biting the dust, or rotting away for the foreseeable  future. The UK has definitely had it's large share of SBNO stuff recently.

Apparently Tales Of The Coast (that strange water/dark ride) was demolished last season and replaced with a wave swinger, which is quite laughable TBH even if the old ride wasn't great to begin with.

Track issues may apparently be Rattlesnake's issue preventing it from running so it must be pretty serious if that's the case.

• 3 weeks later...

The Rattlesnake is now officially dead! Source-Eastern Daily Press

At 30, the attraction was one of the oldest and most iconic attractions for the park, undergoing many identities such as the ladybird, Rattlesnake and Snake In The Grass before reverting back to the Rattlesnake in it's final few years. 

It is believed to have closed due to the difficulty in finding replacement parts, which is slightly surprising given it's a Zierer and I'm pretty sure they still exist, however at the end of the day it was still a very old coaster.

Prior to it's removal, it was the sixth oldest operating steel coaster in the UK, only surpassed by Little Dipper (Mack's Amusements)-1975, Steeplechase (BPB)-1977, Wild Cat (Southport)-1978, Revolution (BPB)-1979 and Skyways (Clarence Pier)-1980.

The attraction is expected to be removed in the coming weeks with the main part of the coaster train to be  auctioned off, with profits going towards a charitable cause. A replacement attraction is expected to be announced later in the season. 

• 4 months later...

Pretty shocking and surprising move, given how big marketing was when they built this and how much effort they put into the attraction, real shame.

I just hope whatever replaces it is a step in the right direction, especially considering Coast and Rattlesnake have been removed, even if they were on their last legs.

• 1 year later...

So the park will be reopening their Rattlesnake attraction this year, which is a surprising yet amazing move, especially how popular and iconic that attraction used to be.

Source- Pleasurewood Hills FB

I believe the park have a new director/manager this year who hopefully seems dedicated and optimistic for the park and fingers crossed makes improvements, especially considering how run down the place has become lately. 

Great to see there are some places that can bring old rides back to life, although who’s to say what’s been done to achieve this?