The Blue Barnacle (Previously Black Buccaneer)

• 3 weeks later...

But then when Dragon Falls, Fury, Griffons Galleon, Scorpion Express, Ratllesnake are all broken/breaking down on the same day, which do you choose to fix first...?

Falls, Fury, Galleon, Scorpion, Rattlesnake in that order.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

This ride is so painfully slow to queue up for. Half hour almost for three cycles as they were trying to find adults to sit on the edge. Such bizarre policies these days. Miss they days of quickly on, quickly check and off you go all in about 90 seconds. A shame as it is one of the better pirate ships out there.

Back when I was far younger then I am now, Buccaneer was one of those rides that you could just stay on for five or more go's because there was never a queue. It pains me that the parks incompetence and own policies have destroyed what was one of Chessingtons best ride.

• 2 weeks later...

This was painful with a capital P today. The 'adult on either end of a row' rule remains. After 10mins we were still sitting waiting for the bars to lower. There were 2 staff on this too and even the op putting out PA announcements about it didn't seem to help. People were furious they had to move apart from their family/group and sit with strangers just to be on the end of a row. The op told the queue "it makes it really hard for us to try and move people about on the boat, the reason the queue is 60mins (it wasn't even up to the tunnel as a perspective) is because we have to keep moving people around - you should know this before you queue any further". It was ridiculous and the staff are definitely feeling it as people continually argued with them.

I'm not sure on it tbh, if it's for safety than that's that, you can't really argue. It didn't affect through put when I went, they filled up the air gates while the ride was in motion with one adult on one end and one on the other. Then we all just got on. The place it really affects throughput is Legoland, where they turn down single riders under 18, only to release the lap bars again when they realise they can just go in the middle. 

10 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

I'm not sure on it tbh, if it's for safety than that's that, you can't really argue. It didn't affect through put when I went, they filled up the air gates while the ride was in motion with one adult on one end and one on the other. Then we all just got on. The place it really affects throughput is Legoland, where they turn down single riders under 18, only to release the lap bars again when they realise they can just go in the middle. 

It's not really for safety frankly, its a BS rule that seems to be all about theory and not reality. And it's inconsistent across Merlin. 

• 1 year later...
  • Mattgwise changed the title to The Blue Barnacle (Previously Black Buccaneer)