The Blue Barnacle (Previously Black Buccaneer)

I think it's really important to show the loading system for riders during the queueline, considering the amount the general public get in a panic when it comes to finding seats, restraints and sitting next to friends.Anyone who has queued for Whizzer/ Monkey Swinger and experienced that fantastic batching system will understand the frustration and chaos of loading a ride without dedicated seats. People panic. Having the gates would show people how the ride is loaded. People will always want to wait for the row they want though, gates or no gates! :)

Meh, customer service can really shove off if your ride has a full queue-line and you have selfish people whinging about not being able to sit in a particular seat when really there's fairly little difference between the rows (imo)...Whenever it was busy I did annoucements informing people before loading, and sometimes during to enforce points to people... It works unsuprisingly...

That I agree with, but it's the way you convey this to the guests. Telling them "you'll go where you're put" is not acceptable. Making queueline announcements and having efficient staff that explain this politely is good customer service.When the guests become rude and start shouting, that's when we can become blunt :blink:

That I agree with, but it's the way you convey this to the guests. Telling them "you'll go where you're put" is not acceptable. Making queueline announcements and having efficient staff that explain this politely is good customer service.When the guests become rude and start shouting, that's when we can become blunt :blink:

nobody said you need to be blunt, you just need to inform people in a sensible manner that queueing for the back is not possible. I agree entirely with Outfit in that staff's attitude and whether they have the guts or not is one of the main problems. It is simple, guests will go where they are put, because it speeds up boarding and also does not mean people are waiting in the way unnecessarily.

^ That's exactly what people are saying though. Telling someone that "you'll go where you're put", is not how people expect to be treated. Yes you tell people in a polite, friendly and sensible manner (whilst being as quick and efficient as you can be), but you don't take the easy option and be rude to guests. It takes a lot more guts and confidence to explain something clearly and treat the person in question with respect.

^ That's exactly what people are saying though. Telling someone that "you'll go where you're put", is not how people expect to be treated. Yes you tell people in a polite, friendly and sensible manner (whilst being as quick and efficient as you can be), but you don't take the easy option and be rude to guests. It takes a lot more guts and confidence to explain something clearly and treat the person in question with respect.

It's also a lot more professional; you treat how you wish to be treated. It's why I hated the Black Buccaneer because people just fight and fight and everytime on one man op you have to fight so many times to try and fill the thing up. You can be as blunt and defensive as you like but the guests will also fight back meaning you get nowhere, time is wasted arguing or trying to explain why they have to fill the seats and the ride goes from a walk on to ten minute queue. The Air gates would reduce this as people would know where they are sitting whilst the rideis moving. As it stands people are trying to find their seats and competing with each other and it takes an age to load it.

It is simple, guests will go where they are put, because it speeds up boarding and also does not mean people are waiting in the way unnecessarily.

...And therefore visitors are less happy because you have refused them the seat they want...What is the harm in asking the people to wait to the side and ask others that don't mind where they sit to come forward?Therefore, it seems an all win situation to me.

...And therefore visitors are less happy because you have refused them the seat they want...What is the harm in asking the people to wait for the side and ask others that don't mind where they sit to come forward?Therefore, it seems an all win situation to me.

Well it defeats the point, people shouldn't need to wait, the ride is the same either way lol! I would never let people wait, someone back me up here!

Well it defeats the point, people shouldn't need to wait, the ride is the same either way lol! I would never let people wait, someone back me up here!

Never? Even if the queue was like, 20 people?There's a definite cut-off point for it... If the queue reached the cave that's when I would make people come through regardless... Though it also depending on how I felt that day... Meh...

What is the harm in asking the people to wait to the side and ask others that don't mind where they sit to come forward?

My problem was that they wouldn't wait to the side, they'd stand in the sodding way. And they'd do it all the time, to the point where it was easier just to force people to ride (though only with queues of 10mins+)

why does this not have an end seat queue because it always causes backlog in the actual queue for people waiting for the ends plus why did they get rid of the loading bays which once stood there?

Most pirate ships rides don't even have batch gates (Blade, Banana Ride). The original air gates were broken by a member of staff. :P

Did "we"...I think the past 3 years of operation care to disagree with your viewpoint...And breaking airgates is not the most idiotic thing staff at Chessie have done...

Go on then what have you seen or yourself have done?I have a strong feeling that the bucanner really needs gates to cause the annoying backlog of people letting others go past them in the queue so they can go on the ends!

Airgates make it so much easier. Especially for a busy ride like it is at chessie.Dunno if anyones noticed, but its height restriction has changed. They need to be a minimum of 1m, and guests between 1m and 1.3m need to be accompanied - so no more tiny kids on the ride!

It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen yesterday. While I was there it was taking 20 minutes to load the boat and start the ride each time, due to the 'we must have an over 16 year old at either end of each row' announcements. So, as you can imagine, having to sort through the queue to find single numbers of 16 year olds to fill the gaps took so much time.

• Mattgwise changed the title to The Blue Barnacle (Previously Black Buccaneer)