The Blue Barnacle (Previously Black Buccaneer)

They are trying to get it so people that are on the accompanied height are more than the middle 4 rows but atm it is still just them...There are now 2 platformers at Black Buccaneer as obviously adventurers are needing to be vertually taken to the right row!!When it was the middle 2 rows only - it did get up to a 70 mins queue!!!

They are trying to get it so people that are on the accompanied height are more than the middle 4 rows but atm it is still just them...There are now 2 platformers at Black Buccaneer as obviously adventurers are needing to be vertually taken to the right row!!When it was the middle 2 rows only - it did get up to a 70 mins queue!!!

Before the days of no air gates, you would fail to go and queue more then 10 minutes. Simply being, they need to sort Buccaneer out once and for all or get rid...Cause frankly, 70 minutes for a pirate ship is beyond a joke.

It's actually the worst park decision I've seen...I can take on the lack of air gates, but not allowing ACCOMPANIED children anywhere else on the boat bar the middle is ridiculous in every single level...Especially when I've seen numerous 0.9m kids sit in the back row and love every minute of it...

Also, if it turns out there is one adult and two young children, for example, then a staff member must ride.If the platformer won't ride then I think the ride can't start until someone who is prepared to ride, will ride. (If that makes sense).I am only saying the current rules. HOPEFULLY it will change as it will be easier for both visitors and staff!!

Also, if it turns out there is one adult and two young children, for example, then a staff member must ride.If the platformer won't ride then I think the ride can't start until someone who is prepared to ride, will ride. (If that makes sense).I am only saying the current rules. HOPEFULLY it will change as it will be easier for both visitors and staff!!

Any park ruling that requires a platformer to have to ride in certain cases is STUPID...There's only one exception to this rule in Kennywood as the ride in question is so forceful you need that other person to cushion you... On a pirate ship? No...

From the Huss website

Operations: Total number of passengers: 45 adults in 9 rows, max. 54 personsGondola: 1Allowable passenger size: 1 m to 1,22 m (39.4 to 48 inches) with adult, then aloneMaximum capacity: 900 pph (depending on operation procedure)

None of that counts on Buccaneer now. It just seems completely stupid. I can't see Europa Park running their Huss Pirate ship in the same way that Chessington are now doing with Buc.Although having seen the extreme lengths Chessington have gone to, for instance with Fury and Rattlesnake and their adult rules, I somehow doubt its Huss coming down on every pirate ship in existance in the same way.

Huss enforcing it has changed both blade and buccaneer - however towers don't have row restrictions. To answer mark, its seemingly been closed more than open after the changes!Legolands been following these restrictions since they installed their ship, and yeah it takes forever to load, but the airgates bloody help!Wonder if they're restricted to the middle on buccaneer due to the height of the ship at full swing?

The restriction is anyone can now sit wherever they want, as long as there is an adult at the end of each row, with the new height restriction as 1m to 1.3m.As guests and fanboys rarely realise, it's the law; the insurers insure the ride from faults for guests between these restrictions, and to be fair if people don't like it, that's their problem.Simples!

The restriction is anyone can now sit wherever they want, as long as there is an adult at the end of each row, with the new height restriction as 1m to 1.3m.As guests and fanboys rarely realise, it's the law; the insurers insure the ride from faults for guests between these restrictions, and to be fair if people don't like it, that's their problem.Simples!

How about guests/fanboys who previously worked at the park and on the very ride itself. Benin and I have been the main people saying how stupid that restriction is so are we the ones that rarely realise its the law? And if it is the law then why aren't they enforcing it at Alton Towers on Blade? One rule for one park, one rule for another. Sounds a bit like the Fury/Spinball thing to me...So by saying "if people don't like it, thats their problem" does that mean you like the idea of people not being able to ride who could previously, having no free choice where you are able to sit or people queuing 70 minutes for a ride that three years ago had a 5 minute queue max all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

As guests and fanboys rarely realise, it's the law; the insurers insure the ride from faults for guests between these restrictions, and to be fair if people don't like it, that's their problem.

Not law, manufacturers recommendations.. and it'd be a tiny bit silly if they didn't follow those recommendation. Otherwise they may have a slight problem should something occur :blink:

• 1 month later...
  • Mattgwise changed the title to The Blue Barnacle (Previously Black Buccaneer)