Griffin's Galleon

Griffins Galleon is located in Land of the Dragons at Chessington & Zoo.To be honest, out of all the times I have visited, I have never been on Griffins Galleon.Next time I go to Chessington & Zoo, I am making sure I go on it.I have heard the audio for Griffins Galleon is great! (Lets hope the ride is too! :P)Any thought or opinions guys and girls? :)

I had my first ride ever on Griffin's Galleon today with the amazing Mark operating! :(I can't believe I am saying this but I really enjoyed the ride!Me and my friend started doing 'Saturday Night' 'Macarena' 'YMCA' 'If your happy...'We got a few weird looks at times but who gives a f*** to be honest! We had fun and a laugh and that is all what matters! :( :(

To be fair, Paultons version is actually really intense. It spins at least double the speed of Griffins. Sure it has the atmosphere of a plank of wood but at least it gives a good ride. Griffins on the other hand has the most epic music in the Merlin group :(

It's the same concept, Heave Ho is made by Zamperla (Italian), Griffins is made by Zierer (German).Heave Ho does feel really cheap, the way the bars are released etc. Plus Heave Ho has a tyre, like a pirate ship to move it back and forth, Griffins has a built in motor to drive it.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

On a weekday there just won't be enough of the target age group visiting to make it worth running some of these rides. Under 5s may be too small to ride and over 5s should be at school.

The problem is that they put it behind the building so nobody actually knows Griffins Galleon is there they should open up the back of Land of the Dragons so that it can be accessed from Africa easier and the ride can be seen.

Griffins is well hidden which is a shame as it is quite a good ride - when I went last week I was being a geek and taking pics so was in that area for a little while and saw no-one on the ride at all. Was going to go on as the ride op look bored but, at my age it may have been a bit odd.

Griffins is well hidden which is a shame as it is quite a good ride - when I went last week I was being a geek and taking pics so was in that area for a little while and saw no-one on the ride at all. Was going to go on as the ride op look bored but, at my age it may have been a bit odd.

Last October I (30) took my 63 year old mother on the BubbleWorks...you got nothing to worry about.

I'm going to be riding kids rides till my hips are too fused to allow me access to them, the little joys are the consistent ones.

haha - that made me laugh. Must admit I do enjoy kids rides although I feel a tad awkward going on them on my own - I guess having a niece comes in handy (apart from the time we queued 45 for the flying jumbos!!!). I once almost puke on Sea Dragons :o (felt rough from a rather spinny ride on Dragons Fury before hand) - would have been extremely embarrasing to puke on a kiddies ride :lol: