Safari Skyway

There was a person stood at the entrance all day yesterday (the standard measure for rides that are gonna be down anyway)...

Hotel construction might also be a reason for it's current closure I guess... But I think the animal settling reasoning is pretty valid...

It's the same as zufari trucks going around empty at the beginning.. you want them to be comfortable with their environment. If the animals were distressed then it's easier to just stop running than close the attraction (also, people are noisy gits so can affect it further)

• 2 weeks later...

Really, is that what needed the work?

Reallocate the funds?

They don't and Disney don't. If a refurb is needed, a refurb will happen.

1) A park open all year has no choice, Chessington do.

2) haha. I guess that is a joke? That thing is sso decrepit it has needed one for years, like so much else at Chessington.

Skyway desperately needs more than just a repaint, it needs re-routing (because looking at a tent or some fields is incredibly exciting), new trains (with more seats) and just a general reworking of the entire system...

As mentioned, it's needed a refurb for longer than some people on this forum have actually been alive...

As mentioned, it's needed a refurb for longer than some people on this forum have actually been alive...

Unfortunately I'm not one of those people :mellow:

Agree though - it's been in desperate need of a refurb - and reroute - for quite some time. It was pretty boring and tired looking when I last went in 2011.... can only imagine what it looks like now!

Unfortunately I'm not one of those people :mellow:

Agree though - it's been in desperate need of a refurb - and reroute - for quite some time. It was pretty boring and tired looking when I last went in 2011.... can only imagine what it looks like now!

It was atrocious when I first started working on it in 2005. It just needs something more then the odd repaint.

Skyway has very much been run down since I started visiting the park in 2006 I which the ride has looked run down, the trains rattly (some with doors that don't close) and also that' it's route doesn't really work for it anymore.

Whilst the station changes sound promising, the ride needs to be retracked with a slightly different (and more interesting) route, new or heavily refurbished trains and a repaint of the track and station area.

In reality we'll be lucky if we see the trains alone refurbished in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It seemed operational today when I visited, and received monstrous queues of up to 50 minutes (fury & vampire were on a hour queue today).

However, the ride seemed to close later in the day (just before I considered riding in fact), where it was strange sights as one of the trains seemed to be travelling backwards on the track with the back rows empty with the doors open and then seemed to be pulling another train from behind too.

However, the ride seemed to close later in the day (just before I considered riding in fact), where it was strange sights as one of the trains seemed to be travelling backwards on the track with the back rows empty with the doors open and then seemed to be pulling another train from behind too.

What else do you expect from a 28 year old monorail attraction? ;)

I think it was closed on Tuesday/Wednesday due to the wet weather all day. When the track gets wet, the trains tend to skid (especially down by the Sealife centre). Although what you mention about it going backwards with the doors open doesn't seem good. Although, when the ride is stopped, sometimes they slowly drift backwards before coming to a natural stop, and the doors on some of the trains don't completely shut:10173582_1456117004634618_57049586570013