Terra Mitica

Yea I've been there a few times, and I'm going in a few weeks :huh:A few tips.Check what time ride close is, and what I usually do is get the evening ticket which is cheaper, and go until 10, it's a lot quieter and cooler. Magnus Colossus is extremely bumpy and vibrates alot so prepare yourself The Log flume is awesome :huh: ( Catarats del Nilo)If you ever went on the legendary Boneshaker at Alton Towers, there's one of them There is an Intamin Drop Tower which is awesome As well as a brilliant big splash boat ride.Overall I think Terra Mitica is a well themed park, with a decent selection of rides :P

Well to be honest I doubt you'll be doing much queing in the daytime anyway :huh:It's never very busy even in the height of summer, and I've heard it's not doing very well at all financially so it must be getting even quieter. Oh there's also a good rapids if I remember correctly, as well as an SLC, and one of those Intamin Zacspin coasters.As well as this shooting ride, sort of like Duel, but when you get to the end , if you scored high enough , you are treated to a special ending :huh:

• 4 years later...
A 18 year old has died on Monday at five o'clock in the afternoon at the amusement park Terra Mitica, Benidorm, to fly out of attraction 'Inferno', after failing harness protection and the victim sank.

As confirmed by the Security council ELMUNDO.es Benidorm, José Marcet, the now deceased is a 18 year old, of Icelandic origin, who was on holiday with her parents and a friend. They were staying in Torrevieja and had decided to spend a day at the amusement park in Benidorm.

Apparently, the young man has been thrown of Attraction "Inferno" and has precipitated to the ground, suffering multiple fractures and serious injuries.

The roller coaster in which is registered the event is included in the Rome area, was opened in 2007 and provides up to 360 degrees turns. It speeds up to 60 miles per hour are reached.

Although until the scene has shifted a unit of Urgent Medical Assistance Service (SAMU), although the doctors have been unable to save the life of the young.

The Scientific Police have opened an investigation to determine what went wrong and the police proceeded to seal the attraction.

Meanwhile, the High Court of Justice of the Valencian Community (TSJCV) reported that the trial court number 2 in Benidorm has opened a cause for the death of this person. Judge expected in the coming days the police report after which decide on the measures it deems necessary to find out what happened.

Parks really have to start drawing a line on Intamin rides. If this turns out to be an park error, I'd ask the question why these park errors aren't killing people on B&M, Mack or Vekoma rides. This isn't the first time a teen has been thrown from one of Intamins rides and when is it going to be one death too many before Intamin drastically change their ride systems. Having ridden Green Lantern at Magic Mountain, it feels me with dread, the thought of being next to a seat which has just ejected someone at great speed. 

My thoughts go out to the family.

Some reports are saying that the person was overweight which might be a credible reason why the restraint failed in the first place, what with zacspins being very agressive on the on the restraints even with a small person. RIP to the family though.

Source:http://ecodiario.eleconomista.es/noticias/noticias/5922622/07/14/Muere-una-persona-tras-caer-al-vacio-al-soltarse-el-arnes-de-una-atraccion-en-Terra-Mitica.html#.Kku8I3GbCBG0bRQ

Also every Zac spin around the world has been closed, so has Furius Baco, I'm guessing they have been closed to see if this was actually a faulty restraint problem.

Are their weight restrictions on Zacspins (genuine question)?

If there are not, then I don't think the person's weight could excuse Intamin here.  If a person's weight did have the ability of causing the restraints to fail, then Intamin should have tested that and mentioned it...

Are their weight restrictions on Zacspins (genuine question)?

If there are not, then I don't think the person's weight could excuse Intamin here.  If a person's weight did have the ability of causing the restraints to fail, then Intamin should have tested that and mentioned it...

I'm guessing there would be chest size restrictions but then I haven't heard of actual weight restrictions as such.

They've closed Baco as well as the other Zac Spins (which is to be expected)?

Making Baco more of a laughing stock than it already was... Classic Intamin...

In the "Benin being self-centred" side, I hope they clear Insane at Grona Lund post haste, I do want to ride one...