'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter'

• 3 months later...

Not sure if this have been posted here...

As we continue our tour, we happen to see a vast amount of structures popping up from the Wizarding World Diagon Alley Construction site. The largest of these structures will house a Gringotts themed rollercoaster experience based off of the sequence in the Deathly Hallows 2. The attraction itself will be the flagship of the Universal dark ride line up. Its ride system alone is so advanced several major companies are involved in its installation and execution. Premier and Vekoma are already on site working on a system that will incorporate flight simulation, live effects, animatronics, 4K3DHD Screens, and sudden drops, “tilts”, and acceleration. The massive interior sets will incorporate “portals” or screens that will blend into massive cliffs and rockwork. Some interior rock work will be approaching 5 stories in height inside the Gringotts show rooms. Including sub sections for scenes there are 14 total zones within this attraction with scenes 8 and 9 being two of the largest and most complicated scenes created. The dragon is something else…

It's gonna be pretty swag.

Oh and Comcast just gave another $500M for future investment. They've been buying land as well in Orlando. It's fine though because Disney has FastPass+ on the Beauty and the Beast show!

I just hope that the scene transitions and pre-shows are clearer on the Gringotts coaster. The tech is amazing on Forbidden Journey but good luck following the story.

• 1 month later...

I'm a little confused by all of this, probably because I've never read a page of Potter in my life.

Does anyone know what this thing actually is? Is Gringotts(?) coaster one thing and this train another? I've heard the trains themselves described as a coaster, that can't be right, can it? It looks more like a slower transit system to me. The carriages are a funny shape though, something is going to be going on in there!

FSv7LGM.jpg

Gringotts is an indoor coaster/dark ride. I guess something like Revenge of the Mummy, but with a much bigger scale and effects that are 10 or 15 years advanced. It looks and sounds amazIng.

The Hogwarts express is a transit system. However, the train windows are going to be really HD screens so it will look like you're travelling through the English countryside. There's also a story involved (different in each direction of travel) so its not strictly just transport. It's significant because it allows the Potter fans to start in London, and get the Hogwarts Expess to Hogsmeade, just like Harry does in the book. And it's great for Universal because it means there's not going to be many people who don't pay the extra for a park hopper.

It's all going to be amazing by the looks of it, and I'm no massive Potter fan.

The coaster is also rumoured to be a family style coaster.

True, but I'm sure it will be pretty intense, just not in the massive height/loads of inversions kind of way. By all accounts, Forbidden Journey is pretty spooky for younger kids, and The Mummy could just about be described as a 'family' attraction. Universal's definition of family is definetely higher than most companies.

• 5 months later...
Hi guys,

Used to be an active member of this forum, but unfortunately drifted away.

I'm now a student at the Lancaster University looking to get some data on you guys are most looking forward to about the the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Expansion in Orlando.

It would be much appreciated if you could take the poll on my site.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
Used to be an active member of this forum, but unfortunately drifted away.
I'm now a student at the Lancaster University looking to get some data on you guys are most looking forward to about the the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Expansion in Orlando.
It would be much appreciated if you could take the poll on my site.
Thanks in advance.

Jeez, Jack's back! :o

Done the poll.

• 1 month later...

This is what billion dollar investments give you... And it's glorious...

Finding out info on the storyline of the ride also makes me curious as to how it'll all pan out for the riders... Plus it has Helena, which is enough to make it the best coaster in the world alone :wub: