'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter'

It's so dark in there that there isn;t much point in a lot of the theming

The camera the video was taken with was quite low quality and therefore isn't picking up all the light that will be seen with the naked eye. It's quite dark in there, but not so dark that you can't see all the epicness of it.

WOW, this looks absolutely mind blowing.Even from a poor quality video it seems like there are so many great things in this queue, I can only imagine how much better it would be in person!It's good to see UO going all out on it, I think I know where on the internet I'll be lurking for the summer! :P

Also remember the Uni Creative don't have limitless funds... It's reckoned all in the WWoHP cost around $250,000,000 - but cuts are known to have been made in certain areas. I can't even imagine what more they were planning to put in which didn't end up in place, apart from possibly the MagiQuest thing in Hogsmede.

Haha I would hope so for $250M :)The only thing I can really comment on is the ride plot.... which seems to end so abruptly from the videos I've seen. The ride seems to be something you would dream about; it doesn't feel real. People have described the experience as Spiderman x 10.People are complaining that you can still see the show building for Forbidden Journey, and that a lot of the rooms in the queue seem to run straight into one another, rather than having corridors connecting them.Surely it's a small price to pay for such an awesome addition though!

Ok, I've been reading some things over at OU and found a link to a review with some pictures.DO NOT CLICK THE LINK IF YOU WANT EVERYTHING TO REMAIN SECRET. IT DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS!http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2010/05/30/spoiler-filled-look-at-the-new-harry-potter-and-the-forbidden-journey-ride-and-the-rest-of-the-wizarding-world/It also contains videos of things around Hogsmede.

I am also trying to hide myself from the new ride as I am going next year, but still allowing myself to see the other attractions and queueline, how amazing is that Flight of The Hippogriff :) (POV in link above)That animatronic looks so real and it's movement is amazing, add to that the audio etc and it looks a great ride. And also, notice the ride teams out there dispatching the trains so quickly that even on a ride as short as a roller skater, the 2nd train is on the lift before the other is entering the break run. Amazing :P

I was watching mesmerised last night at all these videos. I really want to go, I think I'm going next year so hopefully all the little kinks in Forbidden Journey will be ironed out and the ride will be running to its full potential.With a lot of their rides in the states, like Europe, I noticed very minimal physical checking of restraints. Especially on rides like Hippogriff, which makes for speedy dispatch times. That, or they chuck so many staff everywhere that everything is done so quickly!

The staff are just very speedy at checking restraints. Even on one of the busiest days of the year at Universal Hollywood, only one ride had a queue over 40 mins (admittedly it was 90 mins but still). I too am avoiding Harry Potter spoilers which will be near impossible as I am friends with someone who can drive to IOA in under 10 mins. However, Spiderman x10 would class this ride as near perfect.

It's so dark in there that there isn;t much point in a lot of the theming

Darkness in a DARK ride? How dare they?Onto the actual ride POV... Wow...

That dragon animatronic wants... But that giant spider face DOES NOT :).. But judging all from POVs is not the way to go... The overall experience will be epic...

Has anyone watched the Ollivander's video as well? There are gonna be some really happy kids at the end of their trip if they get chosen on it...

It is certainly though NOT a coaster... Basically the nearest (though not exactly close) comparison is Spiderman, the ride vehicle follows a track on the floor and does motions based on which section of the ride it's at... Just this one does a lot, lot more than Spidey does...

Just so everyone knows... You can't buy soda in the Harry Potter area...If you wanna understand the point of this post, look at TPR... Just to prove the stupidness of American enthusiasts...

I don't think there is a single group of enthsuiasts that you haven't insulted :)

• 2 years later...