'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter'

I've decided to start this topic, as I've just seen the new Harry Potter film - The Half Bood Prince.This is for all of you who are big fans of Harry Potter, just like me, and want to discuss the construction of, and hopefully soon opening of: 'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter'. Thank you.

look's poo :( only joking but id rather they keep the dueling dragons as they are rather then re-theming them.(I said rather twice in one sentance :( )

Duelling dragons are going?. I know some of my friends who would not be happy with that.As for Harry potter, I think it will be fun, even if potter mania is dying out now. Will be interesting to see what rides etc are included. Please could someone tell me where the new area is going to be?

Dueling dragons are not going. Thats just silly, I think they are giving it a retheme. Still sucks though...I loved the Idea of the "choose thy fate" bit in the queue line.

I agree with you Treeis.I don't think they would remove Dueling Dragons as it is not exactly old.It probably will be a retheme.Instead of having the 'Choose Your Fate'. It will probably be something like 'Griffindor or Slytherin?'

Okay peeps look the sh!te kiddy ride next to the Dueling Dragons will be re-themed the Dueling Dragons if you had bothered to read the info correctly will NOT be changing as far as we know. Do some research before you say stuff like that, that is how rumours come about.

• 1 month later...

Okay peeps look the sh!te kiddy ride next to the Dueling Dragons will be re-themed the Dueling Dragons if you had bothered to read the info correctly will NOT be changing as far as we know. Do some research before you say stuff like that, that is how rumours come about.

It's about time that got rethemed. Really don't see the point of going on it.Great idea about the quiditch simulator though the idea of a simulator's good enough for me.

Disney bought Marvel Comics for $4 Billion as a major blow to to Universal Studios and also for revenge for getting Harry Potter. However Islands of Adventure has Super Hero Marvel land but apparently in final negotiations with the contract, they said that it doesn't affect the IOA themed-land because it's like 15 acres - it would last for another 20-30 years.Universal Studios gunned down by this is going to retaliate by unleashing major details about their new land and their new major dark ride on September 15th.Screamscape reported that WDW Magic leaked reports that if Universal released the major details about their project, Disney will release their major details about the new expansions / new rides coming to each of their parks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick summary of info for those that aren't too sure.Hogwarts Castle is just a facade that is being plastered over a massive show building that will house Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. The ride has been described as a condensed form of Harry's life, special sequences have been filmed with the actors just for the ride. The ride is rumoured to be between 4 and 5 minutes long, it will feature the giant spider from the Chamber of Secrets as well as many other memorable moments from the books and movies.The queueline is going to be one of the most immersive in the world, taking you through many scenes, including the Gryffindor common room, the moving staircases and the station is rumoured to be based in the Great Hall.For those that are unaware as to what the ride actually is, it's basically a Kuka robotic arm, on a track, so the technology and attraction will be on the same scale and scope as Amazing Adventures of Spiderman. There are a rumoured 50 robotic arms for the attraction.Duelling Dragons will receive a Triwizard Tournament related backstory, and guests will get to walk through the champions tent as part of the queue, there will be many artifacts that were used from the Goblet of Fire movie.Flying Unicorn will receive be rethemed and receive a story based around the hippogriff: Buckbeak, you'll fly past Hagrid's Hut and you'll have to learn how to approach the beast before you can ride. :)Of course, there's Hogsmeade, which will have shops, restaurants and will be absolutely amazing, like stepping into the movies and books. You'll be able to drink butterbeer and try Bertie Botts every flavour beans, chocolate frogs, the list goes on.It's going to be epic!Sorry for the long post but thought it might be interesting for people that weren't too sure. And as for this not being in the UK, well it just wouldn't be on this scale, we have stricter planning restrictions, things are more expensive in this country, and unfortunately we don't get the big movie budgets that Universal are able to get.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post, but it was 19 days ago Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageUpdate from today from Briman over at Orlando United First picture showing progress on Hogwarts Castle, which is surely the most expensive ride building facade ever created. Second picture showing Duelling Dragons (soon to be Dragon Challenge), along with Hogsmeade Village.For many more amazing photos, check out the site in the link above. You can also click here.

Being a huge Harry Potter fan I've been looking forward to this since I heard about it...and seeing the pictures is making me even more excited! :)They show some of it and discuss what's going to be there on the Half Blood Prince DVD extras too, Hogsmeade looks amazing!! The only trouble is when do I actually get to go? :) Money :( Assuming a holiday to Orlando isn't cheap...But I WILL go some day so I can still look forward to it :)

• 3 weeks later...

Things are really coming along in the Wizarding World. Much scaffolding has been removed from some of the facades around the area, including the Owlery, The Three Broomsticks Restaurant and in general Hogsmeade is truely taking shape. There is also an outrageous amount of detailing going on to ensure that not one part of the show building will be visible to guests on opening day.Outrageous attention to detail here as the creative people are adding moss and dirt to the rock facade to give them more drama.Posted ImageAcross the water stands the temporary bridge and beyond is the Three Broomsticks Restaurant, and some of Hogsmeade. The snow on the roof is currently being repainted as the creative team weren't happy with the original result.Posted ImagePictures taken by Mookie of Orlando United. Reccent photo updates can be found from this page and onwards.