'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter'

• 3 weeks later...

Looks amazing!This is soooo unfair though, I probably love the Harry Potter series way more than everyone I know yet I'm like the only one not going? :D And seeing as we were going to go to Orlando as a family in 2001, but had to cancel due to my parents splitting up...that kinda makes it worse...not only were we real close to going, the reason we couldn't was one of the most upsetting things for a family to go through :DSomeone give me hope that I'll actually get to go before I go insane with jealousy!!! Mind you I am lucky, I don't know many people at age 20 that can say they've been to the Cairbbean 4 times. My first holiday abroad was to Jamaica for 2 weeks :D Also Portugal twice, skiing trip in Year 9...oh and I was at the Order of the Phoenix premiere in Leicester Square! I've seen the REAL Harry Potter :D Guess I can't complain too much then :D

Michael Gambon is indeed in it. It's not in that press pic of Dumbledore's office, but there is a projection of him directing everyone to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom.If anyone has been on Disaster, then it's the same technology that's used on that projection effect,

Disney must be pooping their pants!Seriously - bravo Universal! I don't care one bit for Harry Potter; I find it totally unoriginal and derivative, but the work being done at Islands of Adventure always leaves my jaw somewhere between the earth's core and Australia. The British style of buildings, village layout and Hogwart's itself really is beautiful. Even the sign saying HOGSMEDE is perfect! It's like a real 1930s village train station!I think the fact that Universal, for the past decade, has had the best dark ride in the world (Spiderman) may have to put it second place to The Forbidden Journey. From the press release, it does sound like a truly amazing experience. I will hold back going for a while. The idea of theme park geeks and Harry Potter geeks in a 20 acre space worries me slightly! I will also wait for the inevitable teething problems to subside - and then go all out - and stay at one of the resorts and have a great time! Who wants to go? :mellow:

That looks...amazing! I was there last August and to see the change from scaffolding to utter brilliance is great. This really does look good, Universal have really gone for it! Interested to see how Disney will respond, hopefully the new fantasy land will be amazing as well. The level of detail shown by the Orlando parks is mind blowing, especially some of the little things put in rides by the Imagineers, very clever.

I was about to post that! She may be an absolutely insufferable person, but I thank her for the access to the park! The shop interiors look very snazzy, and Dumbledore's office looks even better than in the limited pictures that have been released. Fingers crossed I'll be there in July!EDIT: Just noticed this in the press release:

Duration of ride: The full attraction experience, including the queue, takes about an hour

WHAT! :P:P

• 2 weeks later...

O_O an hour?! wow that is pretty interesting can't wait to see that now. I'm going in September too :P.That Ellen thing makes me really interested in this area of the park more than I was (I liked the old theme) and it does look really well done....but then I.o.A. area's always look really good so I'm not all that suprised haha.

• 1 month later...

So I stopped posting updates for a while because it was pretty much more of the same. But over the last few days, Wizarding World has been soft opening to select guests. Here is a walk- through of the queue for Forbidden Journey. Don't watch if you want everything to remain a surprise.

I cried! Lol.

YES!This is theming ladies and gentlemen... Absolute class theming from top to bottom... I can't wait to see the ride now... That queue is just so epic, with it seeming to have several different coversations for the characters you see... PLUS Sorting Hat giving out safety spiel in rhyme <3

Haha, can you believe the Americans on some of these forums are STILL complaining. I feel like slapping them... have they seen what they've got? Are they actually seeing the same things as us? Who knows, the mind boggles! If they're disappointed, I'll swap with them, as long I get to take Nemesis with me :P

Looks amazing - at least what I'm allowing myself a peek at! Not watching the queue vids or POV of FJ :P I've been following it on Orlando United every day for the past 2 months, the excitement and tension has been crazy! I'm walking through the gate exactly 2 months from today!! :D:P