Elmer's Flying Jumbos

As part of the 2021 Drop Tower ride investment that is replacing Rameses Revenge, the flying elephant ride is being relocated to behind the main shop (roughly where the old Carousel was) for 2020. The ride will be rethemed to the children's story Elmer the Patchwork Elephant...

This seems to have more been leaked than officially confirmed, but expect news from the park soon...

1 hour ago, Marhelorpe said:

You know you’re digging beyond the bottom of the barrel when a multi-billion quid company thinks (presumably) splashing a 33-year old kids ride with rainbow-coloured tartan paint is enough to call it a “first-ever”...

I'm assuming Anderson are throwing enough money at Merlin to make this worthwhile. The ride is moving anyway, may as well make a bit of money out of it. 

On 1/6/2020 at 4:42 PM, Mark9 said:

I'm assuming Anderson are throwing enough money at Merlin to make this worthwhile. The ride is moving anyway, may as well make a bit of money out of it. 

Surely it's the other way round? I'd have thought Chessington would be paying for the rights, not being paid to use it.

On 1/11/2020 at 2:30 AM, pluk said:

Surely it's the other way round? I'd have thought Chessington would be paying for the rights, not being paid to use it.

Very much depends on who makes contact and generally what the contract is.

Some IPs do make contact with parks as they see it as a way of pushing themselves in the limelight more. And for the right price any park will say yes. Obviously it's more common for parks to contact IPs and go from there. But even then, an IP company is willing to spend some money for the initial investment so it matches their standards.

Usually a park will pay a flat rate to the IP each year, then there will be extras on top based on merch/photo/food sales. 

• Mattgwise changed the title to Elmer's Flying Jumbos
  • JoshC. pinned this topic
  • Mattgwise unpinned this topic