Elmer's Flying Jumbos

• JoshC. pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Mattgwise changed the title to Elmer's Flying Jumbos
  • Mattgwise unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 3:07 PM, Glitch said:

This was open today, look cool though is currently missing the middle theming element.

Hello last spring.

Surprised it wasn't mentioned after this post, but the theming element is no longer missing although you'd be hard pressed to notice it wasn't. Really, it is tiny sitting atop this ride, the scale is all wrong. It just looks bizarre, with some big sort of padding thing below it and a relatively tiny motif on top. The base has colourful stones in sections, but this is full of detritus from the trees so just looks messy. The ride itself is also quite broken, with a couple of elephants (including the yellow one I found myself on) very obviously not able to make it more than a couple of feet off the ground.

When small but IP led retheme investments are this bad you know something is deeply wrong at the heart of what is happening here.

2 hours ago, pluk said:

Hello last spring.

Surprised it wasn't mentioned after this post, but the theming element is no longer missing although you'd be hard pressed to notice it wasn't. Really, it is tiny sitting atop this ride, the scale is all wrong. It just looks bizarre, with some big sort of padding thing below it and a relatively tiny motif on top. The base has colourful stones in sections, but this is full of detritus from the trees so just looks messy. The ride itself is also quite broken, with a couple of elephants (including the yellow one I found myself on) very obviously not able to make it more than a couple of feet off the ground.

When small but IP led retheme investments are this bad you know something is deeply wrong at the heart of what is happening here.

The ride cant seem to lift much weight these days.... ( I'm not saying your big lol) more that any elephant with an adult doesn’t go full height

5 hours ago, RobF said:

The ride cant seem to lift much weight these days.... ( I'm not saying your big lol) more that any elephant with an adult doesn’t go full height

No, I am quite a lump! But I watched a couple of cycles from truckers and my elephant was just not much of a flyer regardless of who was on it.

I love the new colourful elephants and the soundtrack but realistically you can’t polish a turd and the ride is pretty ancient now.  Kind of gutted that it is in a more open area now - I used to like sneaking onto it on quiet days without getting shameful looks when it was behind Rameses.  Back in 2019 I dragged my niece and her friend on it because it had no queue.  Yes I’m sad but I like to pretend I’m back at Disneyland on their Flying Dumbo ride 🤣

Years ago I once queued FORTY FIVE minutes because my niece who was little (she’s now 17) desperately wanted to go on it - I lost the will the live slightly in that queue