Best dark ride

Sam P

Probably Pirates of the Caribbean.Although to be fair, I haven't ridden a great deal of dark rides anyway.

Agreed there Paul.Park don't tend to have a lot of dark rides.The only ones I have been on are...HexDuelTomb BlasterX:\ No Way OutAs I said above - I vote for Tomb Blaster as I just love the ride. Great Audio. Good Length and a Great Atmosphere! :)

I've been on too many, hmmm.UK- Toom Blaster, X no way out, or Valhalla at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, It's the only ride of it's kind that I know in the world.As for abroad, again, too many to even start to mention. I love Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom, E.T at Universal Orlando, Spider Man also at Universal, Ocean odeseys in Spain,I think that's it.I'd say Posidon's fury, But that's a show, and as well as Legend of the Lion King and the Time keeper, they were the best ever, even though they were shows

Valhalla at Blackpool pleasure beach is quite good, its a good 5 mins long and is basically a indoor log flume with a hell of a lot of Viking theming and fire effects. it has 3 good drops, one of which is backwards and once upon a time went through a wall of fire! I haven't really been on anything else that compares to it except for Phantom manor at Disney Paris. But phantom manor is more of an experience I.e the stretching room and the hall of portraits that change from nasty to nice.

• 4 years later...

Either Horror Hotel at Brighton Pier or if we are talking around the world as well then it would have to be Hinzen's Haunted Mansion. It's a funfair ghost train but it's a german one and it is really really good. Has some decent scares. I think a ride like it (a gosetto suspended ghost train) would work perfectly at thorpe park to replace saw alive :D

Valhalla at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. There's fire effects everywhere, (archways of fire that you go through, big explosions, fire on the track that you put out), huge special effects and it's themed up to the eyeball.

It's not at it's absolute best at the moment but it's still a very good dark ride.

I'd have to say Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland in both Paris and California - both different but the same if that makes sense.

In the UK I think I'd have to say Valhalla is good, but its black curtains and a few SFX, so I'd have to swing more towards Hex I think.

Out of the dark rides I've done, my favourite has to be - just about - Nemesis Sub Terra. I enjoy the over-the-top scary mood it creates; I can see why people would find it scary, but I find it more like one of those B-flick horror films which you more laugh at than scream over. In general, that's just something I really like.

However, in saying that, I do think that Hex is a better dark ride, offering a more complete package and just ticks the boxes a bit better. I also enjoy it very much, but just not as much as NST!