Has Anyone Had A Close Shave?

Matty22

Question

I went on the 20th July and was looking up at detonator taking a picture , then about 2m from me a man's coins flew out of his pocket and almost hit me on the head.(from the nemmie lift hill) I wondered whether I should tell anyone but didn't, and I got 2p out of it as well.I just wondered if anyone had experienced something like this

tpkabz, I wasn't taking my camera onto the ride, I was taking a picture of detty from the ground underneath nemmie's lift hill

He said that he didn't mean you, but if that 2p was a camera then you could have been hurt. That is why people should not take cameras onto rides.

Wow, that's a coincidence! I went on the 20th July as well and walking towards Inferno a shoe fell from someone who just left the lift hill which landed about 3m away. It wasn't that close but it just proves that you should wear sensible shoes.

A 2p can be lethal from 100ft!

And fatal!A few years ago now I was standing outside Vortex near that circular tower thing that people sit on (near Zodiac entrance and hotdog bar). The ride was in action and all of a sudden a can of coke came flying off, right past this circular tower, and landed straight about 5 metres away from land, into the lake, making a few ducks "take off". I have also seen a packet of cigarettes drop off the ride and land on the ground - but what use is an empty packet to me? :lol:Anyone seen anything drop off Saw's main drop? I saw a hat within the first month.

^Coins will not be fatal. They arn't heavy enough to gain any great velocity. Would hurt though. My dad lost a tenners worth of change on Stealths launch. It was really funny as the money followed the train (showered it and the queue) for some reason, then at the top it all just dropped. Also someone took on a load of paper stuff and released it at the top of Stealth. Lol. And phones on the brake run always fly out!And the funnyest one was when someone lost there shoe on Rush and it landed on Zodiac in motion.

^Coins will not be fatal. They arn't heavy enough to gain any great velocity. Would hurt though.

I think they very well could be fatal. All you need to do is look at the damage caused when people get coins thrown at them (namely a scottish referee a couple of years ago who's head was split wide open from about 15 yards) to be able to see that something falling from 100ft would do a lot of damage.

I heard that my auntie's boyfriends daughter went on Nemesis and a man on the first row presumably had money with him, and as the train reached the loop it fell out and as it came back down, it fell and gashed her forehead. All I was told was that she went to hospital and she was not compensated a penny. :P Saying that though, it wasn't Thorpe's fault so they could do nothing about it.I've been lucky and the only thing close to danger that ive excperienced is a racial fight near us in the queue for stealth. Security cleared it up though, they're really good. :lol:

Unlucky :P what beats me is how security got there so fast, thats what I wanna know!When I left, I heard on one of the guards' walkies that there was a drug dealer in the park, on the bridge trying to sell!Unlucky for him though, the police were there :lol: Do you know how the racial fight started?

Just to expand on that, the security at the park do seem to get to a problem really quickly. I went one Fright Night a few years ago and my friend was being harassed in the queue by 2 men...next thing you know, there's 2 policemen there and they're thrown out of the park.But yeah, nothing bad has really ever happened near me on a ride, I guess just some guy being sick on Samurai was a bit disgusting but that can't be helped :|

Unlucky :lol: what beats me is how security got there so fast, thats what I wanna know!When I left, I heard on one of the guards' walkies that there was a drug dealer in the park, on the bridge trying to sell!Unlucky for him though, the police were there :P Do you know how the racial fight started?

Yeah the security are very good at Thorpe Park.It started by the woman queue jumping to get to her kids in the queue already, To get to her kids there was a gang she had to go through.The gang were not happy she was queue jumping so started shouting at her, then she started shouting back, then it some how turned ito a racial argument :P Then it stopped for a while, and security came around 15 mins later as we were getting to the stairs in the Stealth queue, they then removed some of the gang and the woman from the queue, the gang were not happy about this so started shouting at the woman and security. That must of been when you saw them, as they went down by the Photo Booth.