Halloween

rollerross11

You've given me loads of ideas Ross! I think we are having a halloween party this year, but I would certainly love to have a Fright Maze as well, maybe on Halloween night. We have a pretty empty garage, I'm thinking that I could do something with that. And also, it has an electric front door, so I can imagine that it would be amazing to have everyone waiting on the drive, and then when it is ready for a batch of people, I could play some music (maybe the rush whispers if you've heard them) and have the door slowly opening for everyone to walk inside. I somehow just don't think that it could be convincing, I really want to scare the hell out of people! Any ideas?I know that sudden loud music will scare some people, but I want some more convincing ideas really. For the past 3 or 4 years, I have put a speaker outside of my house in the porch bushes, and played loud music when people knock at the door, and atmospheric music throughout the evening. It really scares some people, but most just seem to not really care. I really want to be able to scare the pants off of my visitors!

• 1 month later...

Sorry I have been stressing over this to talk to you guys but the attraction happened yesterday on the 24th of october. So I'm gonna give you some infomation! :) The 'Carnevil' was a home haunt in Walton On Thames, Surrey. It was based around the Burnt circus of the early 20th century and how all the clowns inside got burnt alive. The attraction started off with a small video giving away the story and then you were put into youre groups. The groups were small about 4-6 and you were taken into the first room. This room was brightly light as you entered but then an actor would turn off all the lights creating some easy scares.Then the lights would fade back on and the actor would start whispering in peoples ears. He would then shout and tell them about the room, The room was a coconut shy but instead of Coconuts it was heads. THe only way out, was to get out before the actor would chop off your'e head. They all went out of the room outside into a circus tent. The first corridor was small and thin but an actor would grab youre legs as you went past and then as you went round the corner, the actor wore a simple clown mask that glowed in the dark, The room was very dark so all you could see was there mask. Then the actor would come up to you and stroke youre hair and shine a light in youre eyes. Then you would go through another door into the mirror maze where the actor from the previous room would follow you round. After the very short mirror maze you would then be attacked from a women behind some material with strobe lights making a very confusing atmosphere and then the room would go silent. You would then enter the Hall Of Illusions which was lite by a green beacon light. You would then turn into a caged area with lots of chainlink walls. An actor would then jump out and grab the bars and attack you but this was a set up for a double scare and an actor with a chainsaw would come out from the other side and chase you out of the maze The night was truely succsessful with many screams coming from my garage. All actors where 15 like me and they all scared everyone, even older people. All groups got scared for sure. Quotes from people. " That was the scariest thing I've ever done." Chantelle Washington " This was the most scariest attraction in Walton On Thames." Charlotte Wilsdon. " Much better than I thought it would be." Charlie NichollsIf you have my facebook you may of seen the pictures if not they will be up soon.

• 11 months later...

I'm with Jord and Josh here, I'm not a big fan of Halloween, never have really done anything to do with it. Seems to be an excuse for idiots to do some stupid things and try to intimidate people. I understand how it can be fun for young children but I still don't like it. Luckily we only seem to get a couple of groups who come to our house, they're always young though so there's no problem.I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I don't dislike the idea of giving out sweets once a year, I just hate how it's used as an excuse for all kinds of mischief.

House is covered in fake cobwebs etc, scarecrow is up along with hanging limbs, spiders and gravestones. Fixing up the life size bust of Freddy Krueger (with moving arms, hands and head). Then gotta get myself ready to scare the bajeebus out of the locals tonight. LOVE HALLOWEEN <3

Hi there I was thinking if I did do a halloween theming around my house it have to beThe Freezer. Thorpe Parks first proper fright night attraction there wood be giant doors and blue lights like the real one to scary my neighbourhood

Yeah, just stick a couple of bags of frozen peas in there and it should be fine :(

Absoloutely terrible this year, yobs and gangs all on the streets throwing fireworks in every direction, including into the road where cars were driving by. My safer neighbourhood team was in a van patrolling up and down the street where I was standing, but I still felt threatened especially as they through a huge bang firework onto the pavement when the police were up the road stopping some youths. There were at least 3 gangs, at one point about 20 of em ran onto the bus without paying - what can the driver do!? In my opinion fireworks should be banned period for Halloween/Bonfire night, and don't get me started, that's going to be even worse! I've never felt so scared in my own area - just this afternoon my nearby newsagent was robbed by armed men. Halloween should just screw off back to America!

Lol at the people hating Halloween...And people say I'm miserable about how I treat Christmas at this time of year... :( Halloween in 07 provided me with someone's car on fire outside Chessie South train station... That was a highlight...Trick or Treating don't happen down my way anyways, but kids (and parents) do love the whole dressing up aspect of it, Chessie yesterday was certainly a high indication of this...