Hex

Theme Park bloke

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

am I right in thinking the video on VR is static? as in it's not gonna move left and right if you turn your head? (idk much about it at all)

if so then isn't hex an odd ride to have it on considering being able to look around the room is what makes it so disorienting and your head movement isn't limited with any restraint? 

am I right in thinking the video on VR is static? as in it's not gonna move left and right if you turn your head? (idk much about it at all)

if so then isn't hex an odd ride to have it on considering being able to look around the room is what makes it so disorienting and your head movement isn't limited with any restraint?

Video in VR isn't static, it would move left and right.

Not VR, but AR. (Is that the correct terminology? Augmented Reality. I've not got much idea about these things! Rather than a mask replacing your vision it includes what you are really looking at real time and then adds to it.) If that's the case then DBGT is the test, not Galactica.

I can see that having a lot of potential on Hex, especially in the Octagon which is slightly lacking in effects and always will be what with it being a real old protected building.

HAHA oh dear

Theme parks are so crap now that such rumours even exist, or that the rides even shut in the first place, and that its been half broken for years

If people genuinely love VR theme park add ons then that's fine, but youre forcing out decades of cultural following, expertise and learning within the industry. Personally I'm happy to stop caring about theme parks and let a new wave take over, but the implications of where things are headed are such a shame