Hex

Theme Park bloke

Hex is one of my favourite rides at AT, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from it when I first rode it this year but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Its a different experience and the build up before it is well worth it. I do think they could improve the last room (the one with the statues etc) Maybe some more effects would make that room more impacting.

Do you mean the Octagon? If so I agree. When all the effects (mist/water, wind, blowing curtain, sparks, smoke etc) are working then it's fantastic. But very rarely do they all work. The mannequin now basically becoming the old hag is also a let down compare to the older hag in the window arch just looks like a shop window mannequin lazily draped with a bit of cloth if you ask me.

Did anyone here that went to Scarefest, go and check out Hex: Live?There area a few reviews on other forums. It was organised by the Cloud Cuckoo Land staff and only ran on the 31st and the 1st. Basically it sounds as though the attraction was filled with actors, especially the Octagon room to the vault. An actor replaced the announcements in the vault- the ride then carried on as normal.Hopefully due to its sucess it'll be back in full force next year.

• 6 months later...

Had a shocking experience on this yesterday. I was almost embarrassed. House lights on where they shouldn't be, complete darkness where lights should be on, literally no special effects worked apart from that little generator thing in the Octagon room. Music quiet everywhere. As for the the Vault room- well, it spun, and that's about it.Poor show for Alton really.

Hex hasn't been running right for a couple of weeks now, bless it. Seems to be huge effect problems with the worst affected area being the Octagon and the show lighting deciding not to work either throughout the attraction. It should be fixed soon as it's a complete let down, Hex requires all of this to be working in order for the ride to wow it's guests. Seems Duel's been getting all of the attention lately. :P

The heat over the weekend killed the attraction, it blew some fuses and the place almost caught fire.. it'll be sorted soon I'm sure :P

Hex hasn't been running right for a couple of weeks now, bless it. Seems to be huge effect problems with the worst affected area being the Octagon and the show lighting deciding not to work either throughout the attraction. It should be fixed soon as it's a complete let down, Hex requires all of this to be working in order for the ride to wow it's guests. Seems Duel's been getting all of the attention lately. :P

Peter's already mentioned why Hex is buggered (a rather annoying thing considering) but Duel has NEEDED the attention, Hex has only had a sudden attack of the bad times...Hopefully Hex will be back up and running to it's full potential soon, but my only worry is based on how long it took Chessie to get the new fuses last year to sort out the LotD PA systems...

• 3 months later...

The lap bar doesn't go down far enough for it to hold you in if you were upside down.The room around spins which makes you feel like you are going upside down, there is a good video on youtube somewhere of the room spinning from the outside.EDIT : Found the video

I'm pretty sure we spin aswell? just very slightly, because when it first started we were suddenly all leaning slightly backwards but the room hadn't changed.and throughout the ride my friends bag would move a bit forward.

• 4 months later...

A truly handsome ride.It was the most unique ride I have been on in the UK. I imagine that HEX was the sort of thing that Thorpe were aiming for when they decided to create the inferior X; NO WAY OUT lolIt was a very long time ago but I remember The que line being very eerie and well themed. The ride itself is still very clear in my mind. absolutly fantastic

No don't jump to conclusions! he said He could imagine that thorpe were aiming to create a ride like hex. Not that they were trying to recreate hex..

Again though, I'd like to see them attempt to create a ride like something that didn't exist yet...Don't support him, he is an idiot...

Again though, I'd like to see them attempt to create a ride like something that didn't exist yet...Don't support him, he is an idiot...

As idiotic as he may be it still makes sense. You could aim to make something but it doesn't turn out as well, then a few years later and the formula is perfected elsewhere.