Kobra

I was unbelievably impressed with Kobra today, it has a very slow moving queue due to stupidly long times between cycles, but the ride itself was fantastic!The ride experience was actually very different to what I was expecting and was so much fun! Whilst I'm not a huge fan of the restraint system, it does result in an unusual and novel position to ride in. I couldn't agree more with everyone who says its faster than it looks, overall the ride was a great addition :PDoes anyone know why they weren't doing Express Passes for Kobra today? One of the VERY few days I have EP's and one of the 6 rides wasn't available, oh well. :DThe whole area was amazing, and Lorikeet Lagoon was another highlight of the day!

The Kobra at Chessington is amazing, each seat you sit in makes the ride feel very different. I would recommend the Kobra to anyone, the company behind the Kobra is Zamperla. They also made the Edge at Paultons Park.Paultons Park have a wild mouse ride by gerserlator called cobra were the KOBRA at Cessingtonis a disk"0"coasterThe KOBRA is almost my favourite ride at chessington read my profile to see what my favourite ridesour at Cessington, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers and Legoland.

Edited by COASTERFRECK
Please don't capatilise the whole post. Thank you.

Finally got on Kobra yesterday! And I must say, I love it! <_< Very fun, a few nice pops of airtime, and the queueline is quite nice too - I love the entrance structure with the rusty scaffolding and prayer flags! The music is great for people who practice Tai Chi in queues like Peaj and myself ;) The rest of the area was great as well - the tree is a very nice touch!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was slightly disappointed today.Queued up at the beginning of the day, for about 10 minutes (along with hanging outside Wild Asia for about 5 minutes waiting for it to open), and got to the loading bay. Was right by the gates. Ride finishes. Someone throws up. Fair enough. "Sorry guys, we've got to evacuate the queue." Excuse me!? Evacuate the queue to clear up a little bit of sick (and it was just a little bit!). Along with many others, I ask if it really necessary to make us leave the queue line. "Yes" she snidely replies. I ask if we're entitled to exit passes (in all my previous experiences of similar situations, this has always been the case. "No" She's snaps back. After a minute or so of discussion, myself and my mum give up. We leave the queue and, after quickly explaining the situation to my nan, we requeue again. After all, we had just reached the front, and we were darned if we were going to miss out on a short queue. After a few minutes if waiting, the same woman we asked about exit passes gives one to a woman who complained! It's disgusting. After all, how long could it take to clear up a little bit of sick. So, wait a couple of minutes, and there's 4 - yes 4 - members of staff waiting by the entrance telling people how the ride has experienced a technical difficulty and the ride would open "soon". But, for the most part, they were just having a chat. After about 10 minutes, someone comes with a bucket! Hallelujah! Then quickly followed by another one. Okay.. Then, one of them leaves with both the buckets. Then comes back after a couple of minutes with the buckets filled with water, and some salt. One of the 4 members of staff takes the salt. Then, it appears that the salt was sprinkled on the sick and just left there for ages. Then, it's eventually cleaned up. Then a test ride takes place! Bear in mind this was only a little bit of sick.It took 25 minutes to clear up a little bit of sick! Personally, I find that stupid! Ridiculous in fact. What annoys me more is the fact they evacuated the queue line. Why? Could anyone who works at any parks tell me if that was necessary, as it seemed incredibly stupid considering the sick was on the ride, and no where near the queue. And the fact we were denied exit passes, but others weren't. And that it took 25 minutes to clear up sick!I'm not very happy...

It has been the Merlin parks procedure for a couple of years now. That 'salt' you mention is like a powder or something which is used to soak up the sick but people have to clear the area as it has to sit there for a while and, if I remember correctly, it can be harmful to breathe in? It takes ages but that's the routine procedure when someone throws up. Seems like the staff member was a bit rude though, should have at least given you exit passes or something.

Clearing the queue-line was not the best idea for the staff to do, usually the queue remains open but a staff member would be chucked on front gate to inform guests entering... So unless Chessie have changed it then that operator/platformer was doing the wrong thing...It seems as well that they didn't have a cleaning kit in the control box... Meaning people got sent off to grab the gear...Then the powder (NOT salt), was sprinkled and left to dry for 5/10 minutes... It is harmful to a degree but there was no need for them to evacuate the entire queue, having cleaned Vampire seats in the station before which is much more dangerous due to the enclosed nature, hell I've had to ride Bubbleworks once to clean up some in the boat... ;)Then would've been washed away... Testing would be to maybe just get rid of excess crap...Without seeing how much sick there was and more importantly WHERE it was on the ride it's hard to say if 25 minutes is too long or not... I've had Buccaneer closed for a similar length of time because of epic vomit over the seats, floor AND platform... So if there was sick on the seats that would've been made completely clean... Platform not as much but still needed to be cleaned...

Hmm I must admit ive never been evacuated from a queue line for sick... and if they feel they do have to evacuate the queue line everyone should be entitled to a exit pass to return later in the day. You should have gone to guest services, whilst to a enthusiast its something which will leave a sour taste in the mouth will soon be forgotten, wont leave a good impression to every one else in the queue line.

Oh Benin, I'm not questioning that it's not powder and was salt, I'm just saying that on the pot it said salt - which I thought was strange. ;). The sick was on the right hand side (as looking from the boarding platform) if the car, half way between the car and the centre piece themed part.And Marc, we did mention it to GS (or AS as it's known ;)), but later on in the day following another incident, which I'll post in a TR tomorrow.

Sanitaire is only dangerous if you eat it, or breathe it in in large quantities.Sick should never take too long, sanitaire itself only takes around 5mins, however a bucket and disinfectant (ala, where I currently work), is a far more effective way of working.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this is my first post :P I was at Chessington on the 17th (last Thursday) and Kobra was being tested, I'm not sure what time exactly but it was around 12 and 1 in the afternoon. Only it failed to get back over the middle part and was just in the bottom of the dip for the rest of the day, I think. Then later when we walked past there we're men doing something to the track where the station is.Also, I have to say, the ride was allot bigger than what I thought it would be... I cannot wait to get on it! Hope this helps...

it's not looking likely from what I saw today - if it were a simple issue, they might have been working hard to try and rectify it, but they weren't today at all. Which makes me think its more long term and they are waiting for a part to be delivered.