Kobra

It is a new ride yes, it may not have the pulling factor on its own but what you have to remember is: it's a completely new land and that is how it's going to be mainly targeted.It may not as Dan said still have the pulling factor, but the queues for the ride would be pretty long as the throughput isn't great on it, I think you can just about get 500 or so an hour out of it if you pushed it hard. Which is about the level of Fury, so in the summer when Fury has 90 minutes, expect Kobra to also have around that time. (Also Kobra will have the same height limit as Fury - 1.2m)

I can see that the Kobra is going to be a proper Chessington-style ride, which the theme park has really been lacking for the past ten years. That snake head looks great, much better than I expected and very real. Billy's Whizzer also has a great immersive detail about it, judging from the photo. Chessington's classic rides seemed to slowly diminish in recent years, with no new rides replacing them. Thankfully, and it is thanks to Merlin taking over, many improvements have been made. And now they have gone right to the top and installed a good new ride!Posted Image My little friend definitely wants to show me something. He flies ahead through the jungle and waits until I follow. This land that I am walking through seems quite strange. I am making my way through plants and trees and it feels like we have been walking for ages when we come to a clearing and suddenly there is an enormous SNAKE! It’s as tall as a building, so tall that I am terrified of it as it comes out of no where! The snake is so big and I am so scared of what it might do if it sees me that I hide behind some trees. I am drawing a picture to show you just how tall it is compared to me. As I draw he suddenly moves and makes a loud, swishing noise. I can’t help but let out a scream as I run to follow my little friend back into the jungle. I am not sure where he will take me next, but I hope it is somewhere not so scary!Here is the new update, by the way. Could this point to the snake being an animatronic like already mentioned? It would be very good.:D Unlike her drawing, I mean TONAL SHADING?!?

• 1 month later...

Got to go on Kobra yesterday after work and it is overall a really good ride.I didn't like the major spinning part at first but then as you move, you don't feel as if you are spinning. :lol:It is such a weird feeling as you go over the airtime hill in the middle as you are waiting to drop back down!Overall, it is very good and quite a long ride.I could see that the queue line was very well themed as well. :angry:The only bad thing I can think of is the restraints that come up from behind that wack your back! :rolleyes:

I'd forgotten Kobra was to be a Disk-O, I'm looking forward to riding it when I visit later this year. I'm used to the restraints of a Disk-O, considering how many times I've been on Ramba Zamba at Adventure Island, which is also a Disk-O. One of my favourite rides at AI too actually, maybe Kobra could become one of my favourites at Chessington.

75 minutes, maximum, especially as it was a capacity day.Which, ironically is the same amount of time you'd wait for a pisspoorly themed rocket caster on a normal day at TP.

I'd much rather queue 75 minutes for Stealth which I actually enjoy, rather than 75 minutes for a Disko which does a good job of simulating me sitting on my sofa. And Stealth was 10/15 minutes today, for the record.

What was Thorpe's gate figure though? It's in comparison to the bluntly obvious difference in target market. The little kids and family who think it's huge and mega etc, love it and they queued for that long for it. It was well taken, very well presented and attains good queues and a good soaker, something which Beano lacked. Regardless of wether or not that it's a huge signature ride or something for kids to enjoy and say is actually something the park needed, is really good to see getting installed.Oh, and every single ride opened on time today aswell, which I presume isn't something Stealth did at all today? I would much rather go to a park that can physically open their rides of time, instead of continuing their lacklustre engineering. And nothing, Dan I think you may understand at the grand age of 10. Operationally, you can't comment really. And I'd imagine if they installed a boat, it wouldn't break down every few hours.

75 minutes, maximum, especially as it was a capacity day.Which, ironically is the same amount of time you'd wait for a pisspoorly themed rocket caster on a normal day at TP.

Why the attack on Stealth?Also, just to point out something important, Th13teen, a new ride's maximum queue length on Saturday was 75 minutes. Considering the different quality of the two rides, 75 mintues for a disko is embarressing.

There did seem to be a hell load of people there today from various photos...Hopefully it'll be slightly less next week...Chessie's target market of guests will see this as the third biggest ride at the park, and even with a reasonable capacity, with a really busy day (80 mins for Vampire apparently), of course the new big ride will be busy...Evidently there's a load of AP holders in Kingston...

What was Thorpe's gate figure though? It's in comparison to the bluntly obvious difference in target market. The little kids and family who think it's huge and mega etc, love it and they queued for that long for it. It was well taken, very well presented and attains good queues and a good soaker, something which Beano lacked. Regardless of wether or not that it's a huge signature ride or something for kids to enjoy and say is actually something the park needed, is really good to see getting installed.Oh, and every single ride opened on time today aswell, which I presume isn't something Stealth did at all today? I would much rather go to a park that can physically open their rides of time, instead of continuing their lacklustre engineering. And nothing, Dan I think you may understand at the grand age of 10. Operationally, you can't comment really. And I'd imagine if they installed a boat, it wouldn't break down every few hours.

Tbf, I'm not defending Thorpe. Stealth has been abysmal this year, in fact the whole of Thorpe has been abysmal in terms of breakdowns. All I did was point out the ridiculous queueing time for one of the most lacklustre ride experiences of the century. But yeah, if you want to get personal, fair dews to you. I hope that makes you feel better about yourself or something.. :)