Are You Obsessed With THORPE PARK?

thorpeparkjunkie

Question

We have taken our love for the place by joining this forum more than most guests they go to THORPE PARK, enjoy there day then move on with their lives however for me I have so much fun there that I have to get my THORPE PARK fix a few times a year and love looking at THORPE PARK videos, pics and listening to the audio even though I have been to the park 5 times this year dispite living nearly 3 hours away but all I can say is its a big part of my life I live for fun! :):):D What about you guys?

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

We have taken our love for the place by joining this forum more than most guests they go to THORPE PARK, enjoy there day then move on with their lives however for me I have so much fun there that I have to get my THORPE PARK fix a few times a year and love looking at THORPE PARK videos, pics and listening to the audio even though I have been to the park 5 times this year dispite living nearly 3 hours away but all I can say is its a big part of my life I live for fun! :):):D What about you guys?

I agree! For most people, they go to the park and that's it, but I, like most of us here, feel the need to sign up to forums and constantly look on the official site for more info etc...:D

Everyone else (who isn't a fankid) would say that I'm obbessed with Thorpe Park due to fact I go every week with a few exceptions, although the only reason I visit is because of the people I go with, I personally think Thorpe Park is crap. Okay maybe I'm being a bit harsh on the park but still I wouldn't visit if it weren't for the people on here who I go with. Thanks everyone =D

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed at all, but I do actually like listening to theme park audio. The best things about my visits to Thorpe are all mainly to do with the people I go with, so it is more the people than the park that I visit for. That said I do still enjoy going to Thorpe Park but maybe less than before I became a 'fanboy'.Being a fan person never means you enjoy visits more though, I guarantee you the majority of the General Public enjoy their visits to Thorpe Park much more than the Fankids do.

Being a fan person never means you enjoy visits more though, I guarantee you the majority of the General Public enjoy their visits to Thorpe Park much more than the Fankids do.

I completely agree with that. Most of the people I know at school go to Thorpe Park maybe once or twice a year, and really have a fantastic time. I go once or twice a month usually, and although I enjoy every visit, I don't seem to have such an enthusiastic reaction when returning from a visit as my other friends do. I also go to theme parks with my friends for the 'social aspect' of it, although I do love riding rides and attractions. If I lived closer to either Thorpe, Chessington or Alton, then I would definitely visit more often, but I still think that visiting at least once a month when living over 50 miles away is quite excessive. But then again, I don't care! My friends at school say that I visit theme parks too much, but if I enjoy doing it, then why should it be a problem?

No way with Thorpe. Mainly down to the park having to man negative aspects and partly because no matter what Thorpe add, the rides do not have the magic that rides at Alton Towers and Chessington have.For those that say it's down to the people they go with, an element of that is true but I like to think I'm not just friends with someone because I see them regularly at a theme park. In fact, I seem to be friends with someone in spite of Thorpe =P!

I'm cutting real deep here.I wouldn't say I am obsessed, but since joining the forum 80% of the time whoever I go to a theme park with will be from here. I have the best days at Thorpe because of the people, hence me going so much, if I go with other people it is never near as fun as times like TPM meet-ups :')

Not with Thorpe. The thing I manly care about at thorpe is the ride count I get in a day. Thats the only way the place can be exciting at all now. If they are going to do Thrills, actually get rides that are thrilling... All the current rides are just too tame.

Not with Thorpe. The thing I manly care about at thorpe is the ride count I get in a day. Thats the only way the place can be exciting at all now.

I've had days where I've been on 6 rides in the day and still enjoyed it, and it's because of the people I was with. I could have been by myself, ridden 50 rides in the day but I doubt I'll have enjoyed it as much. Once you've ridden all the rides a million times anyway you need good company otherwise I'd just want to leave after a couple of hours. So there's a way to enjoy it, with people. <_<

This year, I have been to Thorpe Park around 10 times. For me, that's the most I've ever done in one year, but it wasn't until after September this year that I started using the train to get up there. I always used to rely on parents to give me a lift, and that meant that I could only go once every school holiday. Now that I can use the train to get up there, I will be very likely to go a lot more next year than this year. Should increase my fanboy rating! <_<On topic.... Am I Thorpe Park addict? I'm not addicted to the park in general, but there are certain little aspects that I can't get enough of. Here is a small list:1. Walking from Lost City into Amity Cove at 9.30am and seeing Tidal Wave in operation, empty. The whole area empty, the smell of the water mist as it floods through the area. 2. The ambience sounds of Lost City played by the Information board and around the area, (birds tweeting, general lost city wildlife sounds etc)3. The smell of the SAW station. (Don't know if anyone else knows what I'm talking about, it's sort of a musty, yet nice smell). 4. Just being in the Colossus station. (For some reason it always seems the busiest out of all of the coaster stations for me). I could stand in there all day just watching the same routine over and over again. There are more, but that'll be enough for now. <_<

^I've always preferred it with company as it makes the day seem longer, and you have more fun. Otherwise I think that going on your own many times can get quite monotonous. I especially like it if you take someone who has never been before or someone from another country...When I went in August, there were two people who asked to borrow my map at the entrance and I told them they could have it. They seemed amazed and asked if I would need it back, but I told them I knew my way around like the back of my hand. So they asked if they could hang around with me and my mate for the first few rides of the day, and in turn I've made new friends from it :)

I'm really obsessed with Saw:The Ride :o24 times this year, and thats alot for me :)
Blimey, even I can't manage that! :)
3. The smell of the SAW station. (Don't know if anyone else knows what I'm talking about, it's sort of a musty, yet nice smell). 4. Just being in the Colossus station. (For some reason it always seems the busiest out of all of the coaster stations for me). I could stand in there all day just watching the same routine over and over again.
The Saw station smell is nice, it's one of the first things that made me smile when I was queueing for my first ride. With Colossus' station, I love the way the music "bounces" off the walls.

I've had days where I've been on 6 rides in the day and still enjoyed it, and it's because of the people I was with. I could have been by myself, ridden 50 rides in the day but I doubt I'll have enjoyed it as much. Once you've ridden all the rides a million times anyway you need good company otherwise I'd just want to leave after a couple of hours. So there's a way to enjoy it, with people. :(