Are You Obsessed With THORPE PARK?

thorpeparkjunkie

Question

We have taken our love for the place by joining this forum more than most guests they go to THORPE PARK, enjoy there day then move on with their lives however for me I have so much fun there that I have to get my THORPE PARK fix a few times a year and love looking at THORPE PARK videos, pics and listening to the audio even though I have been to the park 5 times this year dispite living nearly 3 hours away but all I can say is its a big part of my life I live for fun! :):):D What about you guys?

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Thorpe park rule!I can see that you are new to the forum, so may be having a few troubles....First of all - Welcome!If you wish to quote someone - Underneath where the box states quote of the text you wanted to be quoted; you can comment under there.This way, it avoids double posting and you won't get people asking you to watch your posts.Hope you enjoy Mania Hub and hopefully will see more of you around in the future.On topic.I enjoy going to THORPE PARK but I am not obsessed with it.However, I wouldn't call it an obsession but I have an extremely large interest in Chessington & Zoo. :(

There's always a little part of me that gets a kick from helping someone undo their belt on Nemesis, or knowing from a glance how long a queue is. I have found I have to conciously keep track of myself when others are talking about the park - otherwise I'm likely to butt in with the ACTUAL speed of stealth, or the correct name for an inversion. People tend to think I'm a little weird otherwise. So yeah, I would say I'm a little obsessed, but there's always a little quiver of joy, which can't be a bad thing!

^ Same :PI find it absolutely hilarious when people around me talk about the rides and I know it's not true. For example someone told me the other day Rita is quicker than Stealth and they just wouldn't back down, I just sat there with a smug little grin :DPersonally I would say I'm more obsessed with Theme Parks in general to be honest although in particular Chessington and Alton. Whilst I am interested in Thorpe I prefer the other 2. :P

There's always a little part of me that gets a kick from helping someone undo their belt on Nemesis, or knowing from a glance how long a queue is. I have found I have to conciously keep track of myself when others are talking about the park - otherwise I'm likely to butt in with the ACTUAL speed of stealth, or the correct name for an inversion. People tend to think I'm a little weird otherwise. So yeah, I would say I'm a little obsessed, but there's always a little quiver of joy, which can't be a bad thing!

When I read that I was 100% with you and agreeing with you! Its always nice to know in a theme park, that in the whole queue line of people YOU are the biggest geek of them all. It also gets on my nerves when people discribe Oblivion as "It goes up and then SHOOOM!" with hand gestures.

Same here, although once I actually did turn around and say something, I was in the queue for Stealth and a couple were arguing about how Stealth was launched, and it got really, really annoying, the girl had the whiniest voice ever! So I start to explain it fully, turns out they were quite interested, but then they wouldn't stop asking me questions, so I now know never to do it again! :) I also like it when you're on rush and there's always the one person whose restraint won't release and they panic, so you just stroll along and give it a little push, and like magic, it pops open :(

I'm not obsessed, I enjoy visiting but there are planty of other fhings to do which isnt Thorpe! I have quite enjoyed closed season !

I wish it was I could say the same, it's torture having to keep looking at videos/traveling to look at an empty park :(

I would not say I'm obsessed with Thorpe Park. However, I would say I am extremely interested in theme parks (some may call it obsessed - by everyone has their own definition and to what degree). It's just coincidental that TP is the one I knot most of because I live very close to it. Closed Season is always bad for me. As 'theme parking' is my main hobby (probably me only hobby :(), I get moody at times during the CS. This season has been slightly worse as I've had to readjust to March openings. :)

Honestly though, I think it's important that everyone has something that makes them happy, it's good that people have deep interests with things because that's what makes us all different and interesting. All of us here have an interest in theme parks, whether that's specifically Thorpe or a more general interest in the industry.We all share the same interests here, we have all have something in common, yet we're not all the same. Whilst I personally wouldn't go down to Monk's Walk and drive past the park during closed season, it's people's choice whether they want to do that or not. I'm sure we've all looked at photos of people who have taken a visit, so I'm appreciative of people who have gone down there.I also think it's awesome that more people are wanting to join these forums, some of them will want to be more actively involved than others, I think it's important that we maintain a welcoming and fun environment to encourage members that perhaps don't post as much to start getting involved.

Like driving past Thorpe Park, going up Monks Walk and visiting the Twynersh.FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

:P YEAH MARC AND RICKY!!:PI'm not obsessed any more, compared to what I used to be like! Now, I mainly go for the fun times with the people on here :D