Thorpe Park Quiz

Matty22

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week I'll be helping Matty22 with the quiz :oSo therefore I won't be able to enter this week, which means I'm going to get behind on points! :)Here are this weeks questions.1)When was the park bought by Tussauds?2)Name 6 of the 7 rides in Octopus Garden ?3)Name the 8 rides (not including Octopus Garden) which do not have Onride photos? 4)What piece of Samurai is still at Chessington?5) And where is it found?Good Luck, and if you have any questions, I'll have a go at answering them :)This Weeks quiz will as usual close on Sunday afternoon.

1) 1998.2) Ollie Octopus, Swinging Seashells, Galleon Race, Up Periscope... oh yeah, Fantasy Fish and Serpent Trail?3) Rush, Detonator, Slammer, Vortex, Zodiac, Rocky Express, Storm in a Teacup and Samurai.4) Some bit of theming, vague I know, but yeah. Something from the queue line wasn't it?5) Someone in the Mystic East. Again, can't remember where it was exactly. Somewhere is the Dragon Falls queue line I think.

• 2 weeks later...

this quiz has turned into a disaster - I will do it for one more week - if I do not get sugnificant entries the quiz will have to stop! questions 1) Who is nick Leslau2)Where (country) is still Hawg3) what relevance does this ride have to a certain ride4)What ride did Watchdog uncover for false advertising5) In episode 9 of Primeva what name was the park givenGET YOUR ENTRIES IN !

this quiz has turned into a disaster - I will do it for one more week - if I do not get sugnificant entries the quiz will have to stop! questions 1) Who is nick Leslau2)Where (country) is still Hawg3) what relevance does this ride have to a certain ride4)What ride did Watchdog uncover for false advertising5) In episode 9 of Primeva what name was the park givenGET YOUR ENTRIES IN !

You still haven't given the answers and results for the past two quizzes. Without sounding rude, can we have them, maybe it might get more interest in again.Anyway....

1) He is the 'owner' of the Merlin parks; they are are leased to him (par Chessington).2) Steel Hawg is in America.3) Steel Hawg is an S&S El Loco roller coaster. It has a 111 degree drop (second steepest in the world), thus making it steeper than SAW (but as it has a breaking fin on the drop; it isn't a free fall drop).4) In 2001, the park advertised Vortex as open during their start-of-season campaign. However, only the four supports has been laid.5) The park was known as Blue Sky Park.

You still haven't given the answers and results for the past two quizzes. Without sounding rude, can we have them, maybe it might get more interest in again.Anyway....

1) He is the 'owner' of the Merlin parks; they are are leased to him (par Chessington).2) Steel Hawg is in America.3) Steel Hawg is an S&S El Loco roller coaster. It has a 111 degree drop (second steepest in the world), thus making it steeper than SAW (but as it has a breaking fin on the drop; it isn't a free fall drop).4) In 2001, the park advertised Vortex as open during their start-of-season campaign. However, only the four supports has been laid.5) The park was known as Blue Sky Park.

Sorry Josh , I thought James would do it as he took the quiz over while I was away, I will update the answers for the last 3 quizzes at the weeked with this weeks reaults

• 4 weeks later...

QUIZ OVER ! IF ANYONE FEELS THEY CAN RUN THE QUIZ BETTER AND RE GENERATE BY ALL MEANS DO! BUT I'm STOPPING

I'm bored, so will give regenerating the quiz a go. Not that I don't think your quiz and the layout of it was bad or anything, I will probably change the way it is done slightly. So, anyone up for the quiz? :o

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I said I'd give regenerating the quiz a go, so here goes.I said I'd try a slightly new format, so what will happen is each question will have points. This will mean easy questions will be worth 1-2 points, whilst harder questions will be worth 3+ points (depending on how much of an answer is required). This way, it will make the long-term quiz (if it actually happens) slightly more interesting. Points for each questions will be in by the side of the question. As per usual, reply with a post with spoiler tags. And, of course, no cheating. :(Each week should have 5 questions. 1) Name two elements (1 point for each element) that were in the original plans for SAW - The Ride, but removed when the plans were revised. [2]2) What month and year did Thorpe Park officially open? [2]3) What is the maximum number of boats that can be used on Tidal Wave? [2]4) What was the first name of the Flying Fish? [1]5) Who officially opened the park? [4]