The Parks Are Closed....

Paul

Every winter, we see the 4 month closure of THORPE PARK and Chessington & Zoo, not to mention many other Merlin attractions. This topic can be for anyone, but especially for the people that visit theme parks a lot of the time.What do you do to replace going to theme parks?Does the closed period go quickly for you? What do you do to speed up the time?These ones are easy for me. As many people have mentioned in other topics, going to theme parks is more of a social thing for me - just somewhere fun to go with friends (although I do LOVE them :)). So when the parks are closed, I just find other activities to do with my friends to replace my theme park trips. The closed period actually seems to go really quickly for me. I think the reason is for Christmas being slap bang in the middle of the closed period. After November has kicked in, we all start getting excited about Christmas, and I forget all about going to theme parks. Christmas is such an enjoyable time, with many fun and exciting things to do, which for me, completely takes my mind off visiting parks. To be honest, I only really start thinking about visiting theme parks again in February, and by then it's only a month or so away! I only joined TPM earlier this year, so I will be staying on here just as much as I do now, even though the parks are closed. Talking about theme parks is a really great thing for me, and something which I struggle to do with other non-'TPM'ers! It's great to have loads of people that I can talk theme parks with, as it is a great interest of mine, and really passes the time. The fact that you're all lovely people helps as well :P.

All of what I am going to say is going to be honest...THORPE PARKI do miss THORPE PARK, but it is sort of "controlable" for me. The only thing that I usually miss from time to time is a ride on Colossus. However, that is something to look forward to.Chessington & ZooI all honesty...I miss that place SO much it is unreal.I mainly miss Vampire and hearing the laughs in the music and just the ride.I also get times where I am in lessons, and smell the Bubbleworks, Tomb Blaster or Dragon Falls which always makes me want to visit!Chessington & Zoo is the only place for me where the closed season goes so slow! (I mainly have Vampire to blame for that).It is not just the ride, it is the whole atmosphere and sounds that just make me happy. Also, I have met some fantastic people through Mania Hub, and the ones I have got to met are so nice, it is unreal!This is another reason why I don't like the parks being closed as the two most easiest places to go to meet up are THORPE PARK and Chessington & Zoo! :PObviously, you can easily find activities such as shopping, general meets, going out for a meal to even London Dungeons, Madame Tussauds and London Eye. (If you are missing your Merlin Annual Pass that much!) :DIt is not so much December that I notice that the parks are closed, due to the whole celebration of Christmas.It is when I hit January, I start craving Chessington & Zoo and Vampire! :)I think I have made a conclusion.... BLAME VAMPIRE! :)

Usually it does go quite slowly, and yeah I do miss my visits, but I just look forward to when the season starts again.This year I think will be even slower than usual, previous years I've been looking forward to Thorpe Park opening, even after poor trips and the season usually starts off in a not great way, but this year, I have enjoyed the trips to Chessington a lot more so I think it'll go slower.But I do enjoy seeing and hearing whats going on during the closed season, that keeps me sane :)

I guess I just wait untill the parks open again, which usually goes quickly. Next year I should be getting a Merlin Annual Pass instead of a Thorpe Park only, figured out it worth it with all the attractions and should be visiting Chessington a lot more since my visit in August really enjoyed it, but it would never replace Thorpe for me.

Last year's closed season went quite quick for me. This year November will go slow, then my birthday is early December, then Christmas, New year. January will be boring! Then I'm going skiing in February half term, and going to see Lady Gaga on the 26th (and maybe 27th :) )

• 1 year later...

^That's excessively sad...I'm sorry, but I couldn't think of anything worse in the middle of the closed season by going to a closed park for no reason just to sit there and look at it... Waste of petrol, waste of time, waste of life...

I hope Marc reads this.

Twas a joke. I'm not that sad

That, or Benin made you realise again, how sad that is, and now your covering your sad mistakes. Just a thought.

I find other things to obsess over I.e. T Swifty, or come up with ride concepts, watch queue line videos of Cedar Point (LOL Wooman). Then I may make some theming for my bedroom. Or... play music loud most of every day. Something American too.But it normally goes pretty swiftly.

I hope Marc reads this.That, or Benin made you realise again, how sad that is, and now your covering your sad mistakes. Just a thought.

No I was actually joking about! As I said, I've been told this boy at school does it.I didnt think anyone would take it seriously, and obviously people have, which is why I've told them I don't do that, but I do in fact know someone who does. Sheesh

^ That meme gets used far too frequently around here! :PAs for me, photography, writing, music and gaming get me through (Leigh, gotta agree about Taylor :P). I can while away hours writing, and obviously Black Ops / Fallout New Vegas ect ect take up far too much of my time. Mix in a bit of RCT3 or NoLimits for the theme park relief, it's all good. Putting on a bit of music and relaxing whilst trawling the internet is also good :P Other than that I go out places to take photos of cool stuff and be with friends. Closed season isn't all bad peeps :P