Hyde Park Winter Wonderland

Topsyturvy15

Do they put all the rides on their website once they are confirmed? Because on the website at the moment all there is the wild maus xxl, power tower, air and the starflyer.oh yea also winter wonderland express and double decker carousel!!

I think so, as Star Flyer has only just been added to the website earlier this week. :)

They usualy post the map on the website or show it in local papers.

Have always loved Winter Wonderland. It's like a theme park to keep you happy during the closed season with construction, opening, closing and deconstruction. Always makes the closed season seem so much shorter and the rides aren't your usual timid funfair rides we usually see in this country.

I really hope the Mondial Turbine is there! :D For those who don't know (as I believe there haven't been any in this country yet and it's a new ride), it's Mondial's version of a Booster. A double-ended Capriolo...but with a twist. The gondolas not only flip (at insane speeds!), they also rotate :o The ride stands at an impressive 65 metres - 213ft! Fabbri Boosters are about 135ft, not sure about KMG Speeds but guessing it's about the same. Just imagine, while they load the other gondola, you sit 215ft in the air, looking out over London ^_^ It looks so dam awesome!

On ride video!

Off ride video

The on ride video makes my heart race with excitement! If this beast is there it'll make my Christmas!

EDIT: No idea why the YouTube links are showing as links and not the video itself. Doesn't matter if I use media or URL tags or none at all. Grr.

• 3 weeks later...

The map for this year has been released.

Posted Image

I also found all the previous maps dating back to 2008 when it began. It is great to see how much it has evolved.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Would be nice to see them return to the first three map styles but as long as it keeps improving like this I don't mind.

Photos from Hyde Park Winter Wondelrand Unofficial FB page

Here's a list of the main attractions just in the Alpine Adventure area this year. Report credit to Steve Gould on All The Fun of The Fair Forums.

Alpine Adventure:

(Avalanche) Waltzer - William Thurston Jnr

(Blizzard) Booster - Bridget Burton

(Alpine) London City Roller Coaster - Nico & C. Buwalda (The Netherlands)

(Penguin Party) Dodgems - Joseph Manning Jnr

'Showtime' Afterburner 24 - Joseph Manning Jnr

(Snowboard) Deep Impact Miami - Joseph Manning Jnr

+ catering units & side stalls etc.

Here's a list of the main attractions just in the Alpine Adventure area this year. Report credit to Steve Gould on All The Fun of The Fair Forums.

Alpine Adventure:

(Avalanche) Waltzer - William Thurston Jnr

(Blizzard) Booster - Bridget Burton

(Alpine) London City Roller Coaster - Nico & C. Buwalda (The Netherlands)

(Penguin Party) Dodgems - Joseph Manning Jnr

'Showtime' Afterburner 24 - Joseph Manning Jnr

(Snowboard) Deep Impact Miami - Joseph Manning Jnr

+ catering units & side stalls etc.

Where is ski party? I wanted that to return :P

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Winter Wonderland yesterday with Marc & Ricky. The event is very good this year, we did Power Tower (£6 each), Wilde Maus XXL (£6 each), Air (£6 each) and the Showtime Afterburner (£5 each). It was fairly busy and most rides were walk on, Wilde Maus had about a 10 minute queue but it moves so quickly and it's partly a fun house.. So you don't really mind that. :P Didn't do Star Flyer, which was also at £6 but giving pretty short rides due to it having a queue, also fascinated me how this has an on ride photo camera attached to the central hub which takes your photo right at the top! The Booster was £7, again didn't do that as well... It's a booster and why would you pay £7 for that when Air is there for £1 less eh!? ;)

The Bavarian Village is also very cool. (Huge German Beer/food house) it's amazing to think that these buildings travel! We then went to Waterloo for lunch, London Eye had a large queue so didn't worry about that but did 4D.

I then went back to Winter Wonderland for about 30 mins after the others left in the evening as my train was another hour to go, didn't ride anything else, it was very busy, a struggle to move really due to the crowds, nearly everything had a queue, although nothing more than 10/15 mins I should imagine. The atmosphere is brilliant though, it feels like a proper German fair, it's all covered with plastic panel flooring this year too so no mud! Lots of effort goes into this event every year and the quality of it justifies the prices, let alone it being in central London so of course it's going to be expensive.

Overall a great event, awesome day, I look forward to the TPM London Meet! :D

Well to put it like this - £15 - £20 for a short session on the zip wire at Hyde Park or just 25 mins away on the train from London you can have a 3 hour session for £30. Puts it in comparison really, however the tourists don't know what's on the outskirts so they'll pay it ^_^

As for the pricing, you pay £1 for a token. The large rides tend to be 4-6 tokens (depending if your an adult or child (12 or under)). The rides are pretty decent and well worth a visit but it does get very busy due to the cramped layout of it but apparently that is also being adjusted for this year.

Wait if you are a child can you get on the big rides, I have a friend who likes big rides like AIR but if he cant get on then there is no point going!

Thanks guys, I'm visiting thursday!

• 9 months later...

Alright guys so as we probably all know it's only about a month away until London's main winter event opens up on Hyde Park...

This year is planned to be bigger and better than ever before and I have heard most of the line up for this years event however it is not confirmed and I doubt I am able to reveal the line up yet, however watch this space for further information!

Confirmed rides attending:

Abie Danter's- Starshape: 'AIR'

William Thurston's- Waltzer: 'Avalanche'

Edgar&Rene Rasch's- Funhouse: 'Alpen Hotel'

Joseph Manning's- Afterburner: 'Showtime'

Reinhard Van Der Venn's- Matterhorn: 'Snow Jet 2'

Sheldon Hart's- 'Over The Top'

Ewald Schneider's- Freefall Tower: 'Power Tower 2'

'Winter Wonderland Express'

M.Eberhard- Rollercoaster: 'Wilde Maus XXL'

Joseph Mannings's-Miami: 'Deep Impact'

John Bugg's- Freakout: 'Oblivion'

Sorry it's my messed up brain ;)

The ones which are currently listed are planned to be attending however, there may be issues with transport etc. which prevent some rides going and a replacement ride may be brought in(like with ski jump in 2011). Rumour has it, air is already down in london setting up for the event :)

I will add any more rides which are attending onto the list above.